June Hatch-A-Long

humidity was 45-50%, but I dropped it to 30 around day 14 because the air cells were a little small.

Two chicks hatched on day 20 (39 hours ago) but those eggs were smaller than the rest that are left in there. So maybe my temps were just a little low in some parts? 🤷‍♀️ 🤔

first time incubating. It’s a roller coaster of emotions. trying not to give up hope it’s just hard not knowing what’s going on in there!

Hopefully it was just the temperature then! When you candled did it look like the air cells were drawing down? You don't always see movement.

Hopefully it was just the temperature then! When you candled did it look like the air cells were drawing down? You don't always see movement.

I couldn’t tell really. Just that there were no veins. I didn’t want to keep the incubator open too long to cause any harm if they were trying to pip etc. Going to try to sit on my hands until tomorrow morning, and then I will try to figure out what to do.

really hoping they’ve all hatched or at least pupped by then!!

Woke up to a chick 🐣
I wasn’t expecting it for another week but I guess my math was wrong. It was a mixed batch that I took from my broodies.

I see a pip on the other I marked the same day as the one that hatched. Should I put em under a broody now in the morning? She’s super broody for like a week.

She’s a first time mom so I don’t wanna give her a bunch anyway til I know she’s reliable.

My broody that is reliable at taking care of chicks stopped being broody 😂

4 out of 6 of my surviving eggs have internally pipped when I checked here at 3 am. I have never seen internal pipping before! I can actually see one of the silver laced Orpingtons moving it’s beak!😊
Tried to get DD to help me get a photo. She wasn’t interested in getting out of bed at 3:00 am. Teenagers...

I’m normally really good at not assisting but since I wasn’t expecting them to hatch I didn’t move them to another incubator with high humidity so I was scared of the second egg being shrink wrapped.

I helped it a little and I can see its beak. It did look a little shrink wrapped. I stopped assisting at the first sign of blood.

D1AE7F20-C1FD-422B-A698-997A346DAA72.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom