June Hatch-A-Long

I have an early hello from my Rouen eggs. 2 days early but hoping some of these hatch since they are my last fertile duck eggs.

I will be setting 1 more batch tomorrow. 22 BSL 3 A-W x WLH, 6 MP. Will take a break for a short while because of a lot of jobs need be done and done soon. And new coming baby is coming earlier than we  predicted. So I need make time for the lil one, and Mom.

I have a lil one on the way too. No better way to pass the time then incubating eggs. But I did promise this will be my last hatch before baby arrives.

Well... On the two duck eggs I was told were Muscovies, they have both internally pipped on day 26.
ep.gif
I'm starting to doubt that they are actually muscovies. So I'm excited to find out what these mystery ducks are! I don't even have the slightest clue as to what they could be.
I heard one of them peeping inside the egg when I went to check them last night! How exciting!
wee.gif

I love getting mystery eggs. I'm hoping for a healthy hatch!
fl.gif

I candled my eggs last night and I didn't see any internal pips. Should I be concerned? Also, my humidity is at 55% should I raise that?

Ok so I have used my farm innovators incubator once, worked great. So set more eggs yesterday. I filled one channel and humidity still only 25%. So I filled the other channel (same size) and it jumped to 55%. I waited half the day and still like that. I just turned the eggs and was checking everything out and that channel leaks! Wth? So that explains the high humidity, water is all over, so more surface area. I'll just wait for it to dry, and I pulled the 2nd vent plug. Its desert dry here so it'll dry fast. I don't want to fill the big circle channel. I might just put a baby food jar. That's lame though I wonder why it leaks. And during lockdown I need all 3 channels filled plus 3 baby food jars to reach 60%, plus a humidifier in the room. The rh here is 10%.

This is my first hatch, my chicks are due on the 12 th. I have 2 showing growth, 2 with dark shells, I think I saw veining on day6, but really can't see much, I had one clear, and one early (day3 or so) quitter I only set 6 eggs on a whim in a homemade still air cooler incubator. I should have set 18, because now I'm already planning on a second setting, but not until these are done. I will not do a staggered hatch, I will not do a staggered hatch.

My rooster was supposed to be a red Sussex cross, (Columbian rock/RIR) but my MIL got Columbian rock pullets, and one turned out to be a roo, I culled 2/3 Roos in the fall, as they were mean to me, and I couldn't tell them apart. My hens are Isa Browns, RIR's leghorns and Red Sussex, the two dark eggs are from the same hen, and one of the eggs is from a Leghorn, I wasn't going to hatch any leghorns, but threw that egg in on a whim.

Congrats to everyone on the successfull hatching already happening! I just love new chicks and can't hardly wait for you to post pictures of the fluffy Butts

Going to check my eggs again here in a bit, but hopefully I still have 17 Eggs due the 8th. I am getting 2 batches of mixed eggs sent to me. One from SC and another batch from Georgia. That way I can have more mixes that I can pick and choose from. These will be my first ever shipped eggs. So we will see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom