JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Pics
@Mixed flock enthusiast , crossing my fingers for you.. hoping they all hatch.. I'm not giving up by any means, just got to figure out what I did wrong, the ones that I got from a friend had the most non-fertile.. his Roo might have been napping ;) my flock, out of the 7 chirping in the guest room, 6 are from them. Just depressing when you'd hoped for a good hatch.
Awww, well good news about your own babies! If your friend’s flock is having fertility issues then it’s hard to blame the incubation technique! Hopefully they will get the rooster issues worked out...

Best of luck with your muscovies - they have such a long incubation time!!! What day were the air cells drawn on?

On day 27. Some are very small, and some are ok. Muscovies tend to dip heavily within the last 5 days though, so it's not a lost cause. Will have to look out for yellow goo and internal drowning before pipping. :idunno

Ok. My eggs are starting to feel real light. It’s getting close to putting some of the eggs in the lockdown-incubator. None have internally pipped.
But one of my eggs has me a little worried.
There is a weird darker spot on the egg way below the aircell, but when I candle the egg, the dark spot appears lighter than the surrounding. Is this something I should worry about?

Attachments

• 4A6E6090-97BF-4753-9D3C-F4751B2D2D82.jpeg
    4A6E6090-97BF-4753-9D3C-F4751B2D2D82.jpeg
    325.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 8B844E72-EE87-47D9-9AF7-E14BE1E60851.jpeg
    8B844E72-EE87-47D9-9AF7-E14BE1E60851.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 2
Ok. My eggs are starting to feel real light. It’s getting close to putting some of the eggs in the lockdown-incubator. None have internally pipped.
There is a weird darker spot on the egg way below the aircell, but when I candle the egg, the dark spot appears lighter than the surrounding. Is this something I should worry about?
I’m hoping that someone with more duck experience than me will respond...

I guess my fear is that it is trying to pip in the wrong spot due to malposition. Although, it isn't even supposed to go into the lockdown-incubator until tomorrow. That would mean that it would be 3-4 days early anyhow. That can't be right, could it?

I guess my fear is that it is trying to pip in the wrong spot due to malposition. Although, it isn't even supposed to go into the lockdown-incubator until tomorrow. That would mean that it would be 3-4 days early anyhow. That can't be right, could it?
They can be early, especially if temperature were too high. However, if you don’t see internal pips in the other eggs then that’s probably not the case. When you candle, do you still see movement in this embryo? Are you planning to hatch on their sides or large end up? If you are hatching on their sides, then you can position this egg so that you can see the bruised area, in case it is pipping there. Other than keep a closer eye on this guy at lockdown, I don’t think that there is a lot that you can do at this point...

Back
Top Bottom