JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

I have around 6-8 Wyandotte eggs, 3-4 barnyard mixes, two Muscovy eggs, and two dozen coturnix quail eggs in my incubators. All different hatch dates but the chickens are due in a little over a week. I’m pumped! My last hatch of bobwhite quail had an abysmal hatch rate and they all died before hitting 3 days so I’m anxious to hatch some new chicks to make up for that loss.

I have around 6-8 Wyandotte eggs, 3-4 barnyard mixes, two Muscovy eggs, and two dozen coturnix quail eggs in my incubators. All different hatch dates but the chickens are due in a little over a week. I’m pumped! My last hatch of bobwhite quail had an abysmal hatch rate and they all died before hitting 3 days so I’m anxious to hatch some new chicks to make up for that loss.[/QUOTE

Im so excited for you :wee:ya:celebrate!!!

On Saturday evening, I lifted up my broody Orpington, and found she'd been sitting on ten (infertile) eggs! It's amazing what can hide under a big hen. Papa's Poultry was generous with the shipment, and sent me nine eggs even though I'd ordered only five. So, my broody lady has plenty to keep her busy.

The spooky thing is that she sits there, glassy eyed, never seeming to move. I've put water and food in close reach for her, but even when I offer treats, she doesn't stir. Hope she'll be okay.

On Saturday evening, I lifted up my broody Orpington, and found she'd been sitting on ten (infertile) eggs! It's amazing what can hide under a big hen. Papa's Poultry was generous with the shipment, and sent me nine eggs even though I'd ordered only five. So, my broody lady has plenty to keep her busy.

The spooky thing is that she sits there, glassy eyed, never seeming to move. I've put water and food in close reach for her, but even when I offer treats, she doesn't stir. Hope she'll be okay.

Don't worry about it, that's actually a good sign. It's showing that she's dedicated! And that does sound like a generous shipment! What breed are the eggs?

Dont know if u can see it but my runners r coming :celebrate:pop:ya:clap
20190624_203841.jpg

Don't worry about it, that's actually a good sign. It's showing that she's dedicated! And that does sound like a generous shipment! What breed are the eggs?
Thanks, that is reassuring. :) The eggs are Cream Legbar, Jubilee Orpington, Blue-Black Splash Marans and Olive Eggers (Golden Cuckoo Marans X Cream Legbar). I'll be happy with any of them.

Trying to get my incubator up to temp to put in a few of the eggs my broody duck is sitting on. It's being difficult. I have two thermometer/hygrometers set up to try and figure out the actual temp/humidity because I had humidity issues last hatch. Plus side... I figured out how to get my janoel12 to read fareheit instead of celcius lol.

Attachments

• C5186355-DC64-4043-9DDB-2E5950C57FD5.jpeg
    C5186355-DC64-4043-9DDB-2E5950C57FD5.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom