JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Pics
Twins! :love She said they were mostly from the Blue/Blue Pied split pen...I think she has a sneaky white peacock. lol! Looks like I'll be taping some feet, they're hatching with their toes pretty wonky and I made a safety hole as a precaution in the 3rd egg because it still wasn't externally pipped but I can see the internal pip, plenty of movement, and peeping so I'm hoping it still hatches without issue! Who knows, maybe it will be a Blue Pied peachick. lol! I don't mind, I'm actually really excited about the White peachicks because they're a lot less common and I won't have any trouble finding homes for them!

7-13-19 (15).JPG

Twins! :love She said they were mostly from the Blue/Blue Pied split pen...I think she has a sneaky white peacock. lol! Looks like I'll be taping some feet, they're hatching with their toes pretty wonky and I made a safety hole as a precaution in the 3rd egg because it still wasn't externally pipped but I can see the internal pip, plenty of movement, and peeping so I'm hoping it still hatches without issue! Who knows, maybe it will be a Blue Pied peachick. lol! I don't mind, I'm actually really excited about the White peachicks because they're a lot less common and I won't have any trouble finding homes for them!

View attachment 1844155
Oh, they are gorgeous! Hope you get your Blue Pied, too. Now you are making me want to hatch peachicks, again. I think this is some kind of advanced chicken math. :gig

Oh, they are gorgeous! Hope you get your Blue Pied, too. Now you are making me want to hatch peachicks, again. I think this is some kind of advanced chicken math. :gig

:lau LOL! You're telling me! I have quail pipped in another incubator. They were from my friend's very young quail so she wanted to see if they were fertile yet...yep! :lau

I wasn't anticipating hatching white peachicks even though she did have a white peacock, he was in a separate pen.
I'm sitting here looking in my incubator at these sweet peachicks and in the brooder at my white turkey poults....I'm really hoping there is some defining trait once they dry so I can tell them apart because I wasn't planning on keeping the all of them and I would have a lot of explaining to do if I accidentally give someone a turkey that wants a peachick. :lau

View attachment 1844155
Love the twins! They have such a calm and knowing look, are they so calm in real time? The keets hatch with an instinct to do a lot of running and squirming...

I wasn't anticipating hatching white peachicks even though she did have a white peacock, he was in a separate pen.
I'm sitting here looking in my incubator at these sweet peachicks and in the brooder at my white turkey poults....I'm really hoping there is some defining trait once they dry so I can tell them apart because I wasn't planning on keeping the all of them and I would have a lot of explaining to do if I accidentally give someone a turkey that wants a peachick. :lau
Oh that would be quite the surprise!:gig

Love the twins! They have such a calm and knowing look, are they so calm in real time? The keets hatch with an instinct to do a lot of running and squirming...

They're very chatty but not running around, yet. The turkeys on the other hand are way slower and mosey around the brooder compared to chicks, lol.

Lol! I don't know how long you are going to keep them before you rehome them, but my little pea baby started getting a crest at about one month.
upload_2019-7-13_17-26-34.png

Back
Top Bottom