JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Pics
Look who I found hiding in the sweet potato patch today!
P.S. Chickens will dig up sweet potatoes and chow down on them! lol
View attachment 1849186 View attachment 1849187
I would not be shocked if the chow down not the greens too. Unlike starchy potatoes the greens of the sweet potatoes are edible to humans. Maybe that means chickens will eat them too. I have never grown them so I do not know this for certain.

I would not be shocked if the chow down not the greens too. Unlike starchy potatoes the greens of the sweet potatoes are edible to humans. Maybe that means chickens will eat them too. I have never grown them so I do not know this for certain.

I've cooked and eaten the greens! They're actually pretty good, very mild, the young leaves are better because they're tender. The chickens will nibble on the leaves but for the most part, mine leave the sweet potato vines alone and dig up the occasional potato to feast on. They LOVE them when I pull one up and toss it to them, lol, and will otherwise help themselves. I've seen them work at digging one up for days and just eat it as they expose more of the potato. :lau

I already posted this on another thread but...:D Here's my brand new babies I hatched yesterday! 10 Black Mottled Cochin Bantams and 6
IMG_0406 (Edited).JPG
Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams! :love

Are those the mottled Orpington babies? They’re still adorable, but bigger!!! You have the most picturesque and lush yard, and you are so lucky that you can free range so much! Thanks for sharing pics of your bigger babies!:love

I've cooked and eaten the greens! They're actually pretty good, very mild, the young leaves are better because they're tender. The chickens will nibble on the leaves but for the most part, mine leave the sweet potato vines alone and dig up the occasional potato to feast on. They LOVE them when I pull one up and toss it to them, lol, and will otherwise help themselves. I've seen them work at digging one up for days and just eat it as they expose more of the potato. :lau
I do t greonthem at present, but we tend to buy to many so I’ve given them to the chickens. Mostly, my chickens seem to think they are barely tolerable, if cooked, and inedible if raw!

I already posted this on another thread but...:D Here's my brand new babies I hatched yesterday! 10 Black Mottled Cochin Bantams and 6View attachment 1849372 Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams! :love
They are so gorgeous - those fluffy feet!!! Congratulations!!!! :celebrate Can hatches really happen over only one day??? That sounds really really really nice...:th

Omg theyre so cute the teardrop tattoos . :love And the crest coming on the frosted legbar! So adorable.

They are so gorgeous - those fluffy feet!!! Congratulations!!!! :celebrate Can hatches really happen over only one day??? That sounds really really really nice...:th
:lau:lau:lau:lau

Back
Top Bottom