Just a quick question

klunderwood

Chirping
Apr 30, 2018
Wooster AR
I got an assortment of 23 "Dealer's Choice" heavy females and am having so much fun finding out what they are! I think I have 4 Cinnamon Queens, but two are all brown with black tail feathers (right in pic) are 2 are spilt brown in front, cream in the back (left in pic). Any thoughts? I love them no matter what!!
20200623_100041.jpg

They were fluffy and yellow with brown stripes. I am learning that they are a lot of variations and reading that many are not true Cinnamon Queens.

They were fluffy and yellow with brown stripes. I am learning that they are a lot of variations and reading that many are not true Cinnamon Queens.

there is no such thing as a true cinnamon queen, CQ is just one name among many for a mixed breed red sex link bird. Some people call it Golden Comet, others Red Sex Link, others Golden Buff, others ISA Brown. Cackle claims CQ is a particular strain they developed which may be true but anyone could call a red sex link mutt anything they want.

Actually, I never hear of CQ, but someone saw mine and called them that. I have several grown ISA Browns and they are great layers. It is just fun to see what I will get to mix in with my Australorps, RIR, Dominiques, and White Rocks. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom