Just cracked one of my eggs!

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
I was candling my eggs and accidently dropped one back into the incubator. I cracked the shell and dented it in. I quickly put some scotch tape on it. I may have just killed my chick. :(

Oh no! I'm terrified of one getting dropped when we're candling... But maybe the scotch tape will have stopped bacteria penetrating and all will be fine. Fingers crossed for you.

try putting wax or vaseline petroluem jellyon the crack this should stop bacteria better than scotch tape

try putting wax or vaseline petroluem jellyon the crack this should stop bacteria better than scotch tape

Thank-you. When I got home from work today I took the tape off and melted some candle wax on it. They are at day 12 or 13 now. I have staggered eggs over a 2 days. So hopefully this one will make it.

Well, if it does hatch you can name him Humpty Dumpty.

yuckyuck.gif

I was candling my eggs and accidently dropped one back into the incubator. I cracked the shell and dented it in. I quickly put some scotch tape on it. I may have just killed my chick. :(

When is/was your hatch date? Did he hatch or is he still developing?

My first hatch I dropped one while candling, and I didn't know it could be patched back up. I opened it and it had eyes and a heart and stuff and I cried my eyeballs out. Now, of course I know they can be patched up. I wish I had known that before.

I hope you little guy is okay. I hate mistakes like that!

When is/was your hatch date? Did he hatch or is he still developing?

My first hatch I dropped one while candling, and I didn't know it could be patched back up. I opened it and it had eyes and a heart and stuff and I cried my eyeballs out. Now, of course I know they can be patched up. I wish I had known that before.

I hope you little guy is okay. I hate mistakes like that
Hatch will be sometime later next week. I go into lockdown on Tues.

Back
Top Bottom