Just curious...how many of you have air-conditioned coops????

And here I thought there would be at least one person who would do something that extreme to keep their birds happy...heck, chicken diapers...why not A/C???? I dont have anything but fans in the house myself-we just kind of suffer through it.

Windows to cross ventilate here in NC and a fan when needed. I think we will need it next week! We are supposed to have record breaking temps!
barnie.gif

I have two 115cfm exhaust fans in my 8x8' coop. One is place in the work area blowing in, and the other is place inside of a roof vent to blow out. They are both wired to a thermostat that turns them on at 75 degrees. It helps keep the coop cooler but more importantly to me is that it helps keep smells down and aids in keeping the litter dry.

Oh yeah, A/C, jacuzzi, wide screen HDTV, butler AND a maid. Next week the in ground pool is going in next to the tennis court.
big_smile.png

We were going to enclose the tennis court and pool, but thought that would be just a little bit too pretentious.

Lord, I am here in Colorado too, the thermometer in my coop last evening at 5 read 108°. It was 101 still downtown at 6pm when I went to get more Gatorade.

I have all the windows open in the coop but no fans this year. I have not lost any birds yet, but I give them the Avian Stress Pack (vitamins for extreme weather) in their waterers almost daily.

My Silkies tend to go in circles when they are dehydrated and needing vitamins & electrolytes.

Thank goodness for no humidity, otherwise, I do not think we would all fair so well.
When will it end?
th.gif

Actually, I built ours their own pool, hired the local stylist to give them a close cut coiffure, chilled melon and corn cakes in the good dining area on chilled silver platters, oscillating fans and, of course, their choice of iced drinks at the floating bar.....the A/C will be installed next year, as well as the heater for the pool, for winter time play. I feel so mean not having thought of A/C, but that will be rectified ASAP! Must keep up with the times.....
cool.png

You know, it was the hardest thing to find those tiny chaise lounges for around the pool area, not to mention the sun umbrellas!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom