Just hard-boiled eggs?

If you can get a good close up of Pico face I can probably tell you if a Muscovy since I have Muscovy. Do you hold your little duck?
this one is the closest pic I could take, he is afraid of my phone every time when it is near of him lol
20200221_132410.jpg

What a cutie, the pic is kind of fuzzy but here is a pic of one of my ducklings does yours have a bill shaped like this one? where domestic ducklings bills are round at the end Muscovy have more of a slender bill.
View attachment 2031927
[/QUOTE
What a cutie, the pic is kind of fuzzy but here is a pic of one of my ducklings does yours have a bill shaped like this one? where domestic ducklings bills are round at the end Muscovy have more of a slender bill.
View attachment 2031927
Yup, when my duckling lays down his bill shapes like that cute one in the pic 😍,
so these are domestics? and not muscovies!

Muscovy can be domestic too they just aren't Mallard derived they are their own species. All other domestic ducks have come from the Mallard. I love my Muscovy they are very cool birds. Do you have a lot of Muscovy in Algeria? Here in the US we have huge flocks of feral Muscovy especially in the warm southern states, they are not native most have flown off from their original homes and ended up in water way here in the US. So they are hated in alot of places even though it's us humans that have caused this problem by letting them go. I know alot of flocks don't realize that it's important to clip a wing to keep them from flying off, but that is the only way here to keep the population in check. So once your little one grows up and grows in it's flight feathers you may want to clip one wing to keep it from flying if you are worried it may get lost or you have neighbors with dogs that your duck might become dinner to. But thats down the road and we can give you instructions when clipping is necessary.

Last edited:
Muscovy can be domestic too they just aren't Mallard derived they are their own species. All other domestic ducks have come from the Mallard. I love my Muscovy they are very cool birds. Do you have a lot of Muscovy in Algeria?
you can tell if they are muscovies or not when they are adults, so, I have visited many small parks, but never seen a muscovy,, unless where my brother is working.
he is working in a hotel where they have ducks, but I'm not sure about their breeds, it is from there where he brought the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom