Just locked myself in the coop AGAIN!!!

Last year, I went out to the chickens with my dad. I went into the run and asked my dad to run back into the house for something. I thought he would be right back so I told him to latch it from the outside. Well He must have forgotten to come back out because I waited for about thirty mins. just playing around with the chickens. I got worried after awhile and started to yell, but my coop is not close to the house so he didn't hear me!! I started to panic and yell but he didn't come out. I had to use a stick or something to get out. When I went into the house to see where he went, he was watching a baseball game, forgot all about me!! lol:D
roll.png

You all are too funny!!!! I definitely was not laughing at the time, but I have been laughing all night. I am even missing one of my favorite shows rightnow, this website is sooo addicting!!!
tongue.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

It is pretty hard to make me laugh out loud from reading a story, but that did it! That is too funny, the minute I saw the headline I had an image in my head
lol.png
Then I was picturing you crawling through the chicken door! I'm still laughing. You birds were probably watching you saying to eachother "what in the world is this weirdo doing???"
lau.gif
You think that's bad, I was out in the coupe with my mom one night and she told me she was going back in the house, a few seconds later I turn around and she had latched me in! There is no automatic latch either :mad: Talk about feeling invisible. That's enough to give someone a complex. I had to yell at her as she was leaving out of the gate, to let me OUT
rant.gif
If I hadn't noticed, I would have been in their for a long time, we don't have a chicken door :thun

Quote:
It's not fun is it?? I was wondering if the chickens were thinking, hey look, shes locked in, lets try to hold her and pet her and talk in a goofy voice to her like she does to us!!

Quote:
Even if you had a chicken door, you probably wouldn't have wanted to use it. The stairs to mine had fresh poop and everything, I debated going out of it for a while, but I really had NO choice!! The hubby wasn't here and the boys were alone in the house!! Imagine the kind of trouble they would have gotten into if they KNEW i was locked in it. They would have had the house in shambles and probably wouldv'e eaten all the sugar they could find. This would not have been good. So sliding down the chicken poo steps it was!!!LOL (now, not then)
lol.png

Well i know how y'all feel because I like to take pictures and how our chickens run and pens and Pheasants are you can walk right by someone and not see them in there, well daddy is bad to go out and latch the hook, well he can reach over and undo it but I can't because I have short arms, but thankfully I have always listened we he is in the pen. I have not be left long in the Coop.

Well, that wasn't very nice. I did it myself, so I have no-one else to blame. I could try and blame the hubby for putting the latches on the coop, but I shouldv'e been more careful. I was too busy talking to all my girls and boys, I just walked in and slammed the door behind me. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!! But funny now, nothing a good shower couldn't fix!! No harm done, except to the chickens who are probably having nightmare of me climbing through THEIR door. Not to mention pushing them out the way. Imagine what they were thinking when they saw my big feet and legs coming out of that little hole. LOL LOL LOL:lol:

LOL!!! I have done that a couple of times already. My hubby finally rigged a small section of weedeater string, so now if I get locked in - then I just have to grap the cord and it will pull the latch up and hopefully I can get out.
smile.png
Glad I'm not the only one.
Amanda

gig.gif
I still can't stop laughing picturing you in there! If chickens didn't poop so much, it would be fun to sleep in the coupe. All that nice soft bedding, I bet one of your girls would have let you use her nesting box
lau.gif
Oh no, now I have got that picture in my head! Alright, I think I have had way to much sugar today
lol.png

PS Let me rephrase that, if chickens didn't poop at all
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It's not fun is it?? I was wondering if the chickens were thinking, hey look, shes locked in, lets try to hold her and pet her and talk in a goofy voice to her like she does to us!!

NO, not fun!! In my mind I think that the chickens would have been secretly enjoying it, saying " Yeah, How do YOU like being locked into the run at night??" LOL

Back
Top Bottom