Just not feelin' the love...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Eggsoteric, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Eggsoteric

Eggsoteric Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Maryland
    Might I rant just a wee bit?

I'm in a bit of a funk.

I'm in the process of putting together my last coop and I'm...just...not...motivated. Murphy's law seems to have taken over on this re-build - the paint on my sign ran; windows and pop doors aren't cooperating; the caulk is messing with my head; hinges are mocking me (can't I just use duct tape for hinges?); the list goes on and on, ad nauseum. I still have the inside roost to make; the ladder; roof shingle(s) to repair/replace; the awning (and yes, daggnabit, come h e double toothpicks or high water, I'm going to make the friggon awning!). Good grief, you'd think the coop was massive but, it's only 3'x4'6"x3'. I'm seriously thinking of renaming it the "Moby Dick." At least I was able to accomplish getting the panels up for the yard that this coop will be going into but even that needs tweaking. [​IMG] I need a good old fashioned hard kick in the backside to get cracking so I can move the 3 silkies out of my barn and into this coop - preferably before next winter. Sigh.[​IMG]

Rant over (at least for the time being, that is).

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]

I feel ya something steals my energy sometimes and i loose my motivation with it.
    I just go with it, ,most times i do better doing things last minute so it can not get drug out because it has to be done ASAP

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    PS you could get more chicks so you have to finish that one cause now you gotta get ready to build another one , Just saying [​IMG]

4. un-named543

un-named543 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2012
    SE Minnesota
    Action can build motivation! Just pick one thing about the coop you can do, and do it. Focus and get that one thing done, motivated or not. Once you see that it is done and feel the relief, maybe motivation will kick in and you will want to do the next thing....

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by