Just ordered from My Pet chicken

Quote:
I ended up with 4 NICE frizzles last year the gal said she got from MPC. She ordered 10 strt run and had these 4 roos.

I ended up picking them up on the way to work and my Laotian warehosue guys fell in love with them. Usually they just want to eat my extras, but they really loved the frizzles. I ended up giving them to them and they are still happy healthy little spoiled roos.

Are you aware of any FRAZZLED feathers?
Are the wings all filled in ??

It sounds like you may not have them in your possession any longer, so perhaps you don't know ..... but would love to hear about quality of their feathering, if you do get to see them occassionally.

Not that I am looking for Show Quality ....... but I would like to have a frizzle that is not in any way frazzled ..... and badly frazzled is what I purchased from IDEAL last year.

thanks for your help.

Lee

Quote:
I ended up with 4 NICE frizzles last year the gal said she got from MPC. She ordered 10 strt run and had these 4 roos.

I ended up picking them up on the way to work and my Laotian warehosue guys fell in love with them. Usually they just want to eat my extras, but they really loved the frizzles. I ended up giving them to them and they are still happy healthy little spoiled roos.

Are you aware of any FRAZZLED feathers?
Are the wings all filled in ??

It sounds like you may not have them in your possession any longer, so perhaps you don't know ..... but would love to hear about quality of their feathering, if you do get to see them occassionally.

Not that I am looking for Show Quality ....... but I would like to have a frizzle that is not in any way frazzled ..... and badly frazzled is what I purchased from IDEAL last year.

thanks for your help.

Lee

I'm not an expert, but they seemed uniform, if you can call frizzles, uniform, and well shaped. If the feathers were flattened they would have clean edges.

I have seen the birds in person in a while, though I've seen pics.

I had purchased a straight run of feather footed cochin bantams from Mc Murray"s two years ago. We recieves 28 and 14 were roosters. Horrible luck. Many were frizzled including one magnificient white rooster that we named "Liberace" because he was/is so grand and gentle. One of the hens was/is a white frizzle and was so cute when she was a pullet-as she aged she began looking like a homeless gal-I always teased that all she needed was a shopping cart. Her feathers are useless. we made a "creep" to keep the dogs out of the coop when the big door was open and had to put a keyhole in it for her . She also needed a "step" to get up on the roost. She is a good little layer and we love her. oh-and her name is "Cupcake"!

Just go to your local feed store, most of them will tack on a small special order to their big orders.... MUCH CHEAPER .

I do know a couple friends who have used MPC and are very happy. I'm sure not all of you have a feed stoe close but if you do. go in and ask. Most of them will do it and you don't have to be the one waiting for the PO, they do all that and then hold them in a brooder
until you pick them up.

Nancy

Does anybody know when MPC will start shipping out orders this year? I read on their site that their first hatch date is the 23rd, and I emailed an order in a couple of days ago.

I checked with meyer, the hatchery they buy from, and my chciks won't be available for a month!!!!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I might have to check with them also then. I've been waiting for 2 months now, and now that it's getting close I'm starting to get excited :) hehe

I just placed an order with MPC today...didn't know you could preorder. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with how MPC handles substitutions? Do they let you know if they are sold out of a bird you ordered or do they just send something different?

Maybe I should just call them tomorrow...that would be wise, wouldn't it?
roll.png
But no, I spend half an hour reading every post in this thread, instead.
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom