Just put 4 eggs in the incubator, now what?

I don't know any more I'm so confused. I have one that is standing up in the middle and one that is laying on the mesh. I payed $22 for the eggs and can't afford any more, I don't think it was at 110 because the one in the middle was at 98 and the one laying on the mesh said 110 so the wire heated up the thmometer more than the other. I think I will see what happens because I spent $22 on these eggs and can't afford to get any more, I'm an FFA student and thought this would look good on my report this year, something different. I will still see if they hatch and if they don't I can put that I tried and what I learned from it. I will see if I can obtain some free hatching eggs from someone local, they won't be ones that I would want for show but I could see them hatch and possibly sell them.

Did you get these numbers for temperature and humidity from her book? I had a terrible hatch last month. The chicks were so big they could not hatch out. I was trying to figure out what the problem was. My temp. was between 101 and 102 but the humidity was higher than you suggest.
Yes, I followed it and had 11 out of 12 hatch healthy chicks and was from shipped eggs. My equipment is also calibrated and I always use a fan for even temperatures. I just use a fan from a computer CPU.

Back
Top Bottom