Just wanted to say....

CodyChristine

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
Belle Plaine, MN
Hello from Minnesota!!!
smile.png

I have been lurking for quite a while now and have learned SO much from all of you!! I'm brand spanking new at the whole chicken thing and just found out today my chicks will be here on May 12th!!
jumpy.gif
I had originally ordered from Cackle last Thursday but called today because I never received an email or credit card charge and the gal told me they were really backed up and that they wouldn't be processing my order until late May or June.
sad.png
I have been reading up on chickens for months now and was just too darn excited to wait that long!
tongue.png

My family and I moved out to an 8-acre farm in December. We are going to build our coop inside a large wired dog kennel that was already on the property. I am so excited. If anyone has pics or experience building one from a large dog kennel I would love to see them! My order is 2 BOs, 2 PRs, 2 EEs, 2 SLW, and 2 BRs. All pullets. Our feed store gets them from Hoover's in Iowa and from what I've read on here, they are a good hatchery.

Well, just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the GREAT information I've already received!
D.gif

Cody
(Yes, Cody is my name and I am a female! It's always confusing for people at first on forums I am new to!
tongue.png
)

welcome-byc.gif

We were thinking of doing the exact same thing with our dog kennel just sitting out side but then we decided on MORE chickens than would fit in the kennel. lol It would have made it very easy since the roof was already on the kennel
sad.png
Good luck with yours and PLEASE take pics as you progress. I'm curious as how you will start it.
frow.gif

Hi Cody, So glad you are here! You are going to absolutly fall in love with those girls!!
love.gif
I know I sure have. I have 5 Buff Orps and they are the sweetest girls and 3 of them even like to be held at this point in time. If it was up to me I would have LOTS of girls but hubby says no.
tongue.gif
So far I have 10 and I want 2 more to make it an even dozen. He drives a truck and is gone alot so I think I can sneak in 2 more and maybe he won't notice. lol We built a coop from an old shed or dog run that the people somewhat built here. It was pretty bad but my husband fixed it all up and it is a prtty nice coop and my almost 3 weekers seem to love it. It just has a slanted metal roof on it and he extended it over where the run/pen for them will be. I will to get some pics of it and get them on to the computer but it may be a couple days. Talk to you soon. Trudy
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom