Just wanted to show them off! *pic heavy*

Awwww! They are so pretty.
smile.png
Romeo is gorgeous, how's his temperment? We had a BR roo Maynard who was sooo mean. He would go after the kids heads whenever they got anywhere near the coop. What an awesome flock you have. Great pics, thank you for sharing.

Thanks for all the lovely comments!
Romeo is gorgeous, how's his temperment?

He is a scaredy cat! runs from me and everything, thinks I'm going to eat him, but I have had 1 very sweet BR (RIP, Freddy), 1 BR who was sweet and turned mean (butchered), and 1BR very mean (butchered).

I just have to ask.....Chipmunk?? How did you ever come to name a Rooster "Chipmunk"? There's gotta be a story to tell there!?

There kind of is, he was ordered from Ideal as a "She" and was just white with the strips on his back, and since "she" was going to to be staying (got 6 extra, 4BR roos, and 2CM hens) "she" and the rest of the EEs got names Chipmunk, Kentucky Derby (nicked named KD), Easter (RIP, girl), Spectacle, and Big Mama. and even when the tail and comb got suspected roo like, the name stuck, even when "she" started to crow
lol.png
So I ended up with a roo named Chipmunk.
smile.png

All your chickens are beautiful, but of course Chipmunk and Romeo are spectacular. I just sold a young BR roo today and am sooooo sad to see what he could have looked like. (City, roos and neighbors aren't the best combo).

Kitties in the box are darling too.

Thanks!
I just sold a young BR roo today and am sooooo sad to see what he could have looked like. (City, roos and neighbors aren't the best combo).

that is one of the reasons I love the country, and neighbors who ether have or had chickens,
hugs.gif
for having to sell him.​

Back
Top Bottom