Kate plus 8...chicken episode....so funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont like that show! Haven't seen the chicken show but woe to someone that told her she can have that many chickens in a run like that! I think she is poorly informed in that decision. Same for the puppy they got.

Greenfamilyfarms, I agree with you. We may not always agree with everything she does, but we are here to help, not judge. If she comes looking for help, I hope she stops by here first and receives the BYC welcome we are famous for.

Quote:
Why? I was about to suggest that we try to get up with her. If all we are going to do is criticize the poor woman and not offer any help to her so that those chickens will have a good life, then that's not what BYC was founded upon.

uhm ya that was my point--

Quote:
Why? I was about to suggest that we try to get up with her. If all we are going to do is criticize the poor woman and not offer any help to her so that those chickens will have a good life, then that's not what BYC was founded upon.

The problem is she's a celebrity with a bad rap. Mostly a person with a bad rap who is trying to be a celebrity. I'm not a fan of her either, not as a mother, and not as a person who should take on caring for animals with her hands full with the show and the kids. But its those kids who have her the $$$ she has to do any other this.

With all that in mind, I agree we are here to answer anyone's concerns or questions with the birds and make sure they take care of the birds and learn all they need to know. If the run and coop are too small for those birds, someone need tell her.... we should be doing everything we can to make sure the animals are well cared for by arming ANYONE with the knowledge to care for them. Those birds don't deserve stupid people, they just need their space, and proper care!

Quote:

The problem is she's a celebrity with a bad rap. Mostly a person with a bad rap who is trying to be a celebrity. I'm not a fan of her either, not as a mother, and not as a person who should take on caring for animals with her hands full with the show and the kids. But its those kids who have her the $$$ she has to do any other this.

With all that in mind, I agree we are here to answer anyone's concerns or questions with the birds and make sure they take care of the birds and learn all they need to know. If the run and coop are too small for those birds, someone need tell her.... we should be doing everything we can to make sure the animals are well cared for by arming ANYONE with the knowledge to care for them. Those birds don't deserve stupid people, they just need their space, and proper care!

Exactly. I don't really like the woman, she seems kind of crazy to me - and I think she's obsessed with being famous. I feel so sorry for those kids, and if you watch the show they actually act like brats.
hmm.png
But even though some of us don't like her, if she EVER came here for help (she probably doesn't even know we exist.), we should help her so we could help those poor chickens. Like vfem said, they need their space and proper care.

i actually have nothing against the woman--my point was every post before mine was snippy and seemed to be just tearing her down--how does anyone know where she got the ideal for chickens? This site has grown quite a bit since i joined, she may already be lurking and trying to learn. She does seem to be making a good living at her Hollywood job and with 8 kids she better be. I would happily help her in anyway that i could. If my post came across that I hope she doesn't come here my sarcasm wasn't communicated well enough.
cool.png

I can't stand her!
I mean at her kids b-day there was "paparazzi" there and she didn't want them to take pictures so why on earth was she in the TV show anyways!
Ugh really bigs me that she got chickens...I give them 2 months at the most! I mean seriously low maintenance? Just wait till she has to clean out that coop then she will see how 'low maintenance' chickens are

Last edited by a moderator:
*chicken+quail=luv* :

Quote:

Exactly. I don't really like the woman, she seems kind of crazy to me - and I think she's obsessed with being famous. I feel so sorry for those kids, and if you watch the show they actually act like brats.
hmm.png
But even though some of us don't like her, if she EVER came here for help (she probably doesn't even know we exist.), we should help her so we could help those poor chickens. Like vfem said, they need their space and proper care.​

I agree, but still I hope she doesn't know this place or googles question about chickens...(i've found that that always leads me here xD)

Ok couldn't find a full episode to watch but did get to see pictures of the coop and run. With as much land as it looks like she has they could have built something a lot bigger. I think it is good that she is introducing her kids to chickens, but since it is a show why don't the producers hire someone knowledgeable to consult on space requirements, etc. I don't neccesarily blame Kate.

Someone should send the producers an e-mail or something before the chickens start pecking each other to death out of boredom. Then chickens will get a truely bad reputation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom