Do you guy’s roosters crow a lot? Trying to decide if I want to keep one or not cause I don’t want a super loud rooster but honestly I think my Delaware hen might give any rooster a run for his money in terms of noise :lau she’s so LOUD!! And so talkative. Volume wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t so dang talkative!! Lol and my Easter Egger has the loudest egg song of any bird I’ve ever heard! And she goes on and on and on too :lau

That’s great they can coexist like that. :)
Squatch keeps everyone in line and it seems Sid has learned how to treat the ladies. He was aggressive for a while, but waiting it out has seemed to work.

I'll see what my chicks look like in the morning. Squatch was watching them closely like a good dad. I just don't get how they know, it's like they know they're their offspring. It's so odd to me.

Yeah I hate that I hope it’s a she & she takes after her owner she don’t take no crap off of anyone who tries to throw it at her! And he had gotten pretty cocky lately!

:lau I love that! I have several sassy hens myself so there may be hope yet. :fl

It would really help if you could get some pictures from the side and in better lighting so I can see what “her” feathers look like and look for the male specific ones

Do you guy’s roosters crow a lot? Trying to decide if I want to keep one or not cause I don’t want a super loud rooster but honestly I think my Delaware hen might give any rooster a run for his money in terms of noise :lau she’s so LOUD!! And so talkative. Volume wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t so dang talkative!! Lol and my Easter Egger has the loudest egg song of any bird I’ve ever heard! And she goes on and on and on too :lau
Squatch and Sid only crow when something is in our yard or they see the neighbors or they see us.

They seem to crow less the older they get, but they crow a lot at first.

Squatch keeps everyone in line and it seems Sid has learned how to treat the ladies. He was aggressive for a while, but waiting it out has seemed to work.

I'll see what my chicks look like in the morning. Squatch was watching them closely like a good dad. I just don't get how they know, it's like they know they're their offspring. It's so odd to me.

Awwww he sounds like a great rooster! That is so cool. :love

I really want to try letting a broody hatch sometime. Incubating is cool but mama hens and chicks are so cute. :love

Squatch and Sid only crow when something is in our yard or they see the neighbors or they see us.

They seem to crow less the older they get, but they crow a lot at first.

That’s good to know!! Thank you!! My dad’s coworker has one or the neighbors do or something, not sure, and he says you can hear it all the time on conference calls and stuff. Says it crows all the time and it’s annoying and therefore he doesn’t want one. But I’ve also heard some roosters are quiet.

Awwww he sounds like a great rooster! That is so cool. :love

I really want to try letting a broody hatch sometime. Incubating is cool but mama hens and chicks are so cute. :love
I never want mine to hatch their own. I'd rather have control. Catching them would be a pain for me though because you've seen how big the area is. Too much area... Plus Sid the squid will probably ninja kick me :lau

That’s great they can coexist like that. :)
Well if so that would great if so but I can’t turn my back on the red he will sneak up behind me & bite me hard on the back of my leg or my hand or arm wherever he can! Some animals do give love bites I had a horse one time that did that! I have a 4 1/2 month old chi-weenie female dog that does that too she bites me not hard but she is giving me love wallowing all over me at the same time! If the red turns out to be a he i’ll have to change his name from Dolly to something more appropriate for a male got any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom