I never want mine to hatch their own. I'd rather have control. Catching them would be a pain for me though because you've seen how big the area is. Too much area... Plus Sid the squid will probably ninja kick me :lau

That makes sense! Definitely nice to be able to control it but still pretty cool. And nice to be able to have mom handle everything and not have to worry as much or clean everything 500000 times a day. :lau though I’d probably still sorry I’m sure and bug her tons LOL

Well if so that would great if so but I can’t turn my back on the red he will sneak up behind me & bite me hard on the back of my leg or my hand or arm wherever he can! Some animals do give love bites I had a horse one time that did that! I have a 4 1/2 month old chi-weenie female dog that does that too she bites me not hard but she is giving me love wallowing all over me at the same time! If the red turns out to be a he i’ll have to change his name from Dolly to something more appropriate for a male got any suggestions?
My puppy love bites. I love her so much she's the cutest thing ever

Well if so that would great if so but I can’t turn my back on the red he will sneak up behind me & bite me hard on the back of my leg or my hand or arm wherever he can! Some animals do give love bites I had a horse one time that did that! I have a 4 1/2 month old chi-weenie female dog that does that too she bites me not hard but she is giving me love wallowing all over me at the same time! If the red turns out to be a he i’ll have to change his name from Dolly to something more appropriate for a male got any suggestions?

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t work with all roosters but even aggressive roosters can sometimes be rehabilitated. :)

Not sure on male names... Hmm... will have to think that lol

But your puppy sounds adorable. :love

Do you have a picture? Lol

And do you own horses too? Or just ride?

Sorry for all the questions. :lau :oops:

I just really love animals and especially horses and dogs. :love

Though I love my kitty too and of course the chickens. Don’t tell them I said I prefer horses and dogs :lau :oops:

Squatch keeps everyone in line and it seems Sid has learned how to treat the ladies. He was aggressive for a while, but waiting it out has seemed to work.

I'll see what my chicks look like in the morning. Squatch was watching them closely like a good dad. I just don't get how they know, it's like they know they're their offspring. It's so odd to me.
That’s great I was told when you decide to let chicks hatch you have to separate momma & babies from the rest of the flock until babies get several weeks old. Is that not the case?

That’s great I was told when you decide to let chicks hatch you have to separate momma & babies from the rest of the flock until babies get several weeks old. Is that not the case?
Not necessarily. You want to separate when the broody is sitting on the eggs and for the first week maybe after hatching then you can introduce them to the flock. She will protect the chicks from the flock.

I hatched my own in the incubator. They're 5 weeks old and I just introduced them to the flock today.

Yeah, it definitely doesn’t work with all roosters but even aggressive roosters can sometimes be rehabilitated. :)

Not sure on male names... Hmm... will have to think that lol

But your puppy sounds adorable. :love

Do you have a picture? Lol

And do you own horses too? Or just ride?

Sorry for all the questions. :lau :oops:

I just really love animals and especially horses and dogs. :love

Though I love my kitty too and of course the chickens. Don’t tell them I said I prefer horses and dogs :lau :oops:
We have a 19 year old Strawberry Rhône saddle horse & a 9 year old 80 lb pit bull dog i’ll attach pics just so you know they are all spoiled rotten & think they are our children!t
C957657B-96B5-43CB-8FC7-D20DB1774B7F.jpeg

FE2310CA-B584-46A8-AC2F-CAF843230334.jpeg

F309D028-3F82-4001-8EB6-5A27A2CD215E.jpeg

Not necessarily. You want to separate when the broody is sitting on the eggs and for the first week maybe after hatching then you can introduce them to the flock. She will protect the chicks from the flock.

I hatched my own in the incubator. They're 5 weeks old and I just introduced them to the flock today.
Oh good to know! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom