NubbyRyuu

Songster
Jan 26, 2019
I had posted this on facebook, and once again, I have no answers. I'm losing more faith with that Silkie Group. Hopefully here, I can find an answer.

"Just recently, my 6mo Rooster, Ash, suddenly list a toe nail. I took him to the vet twice (emergency and checkup), and finally his quick has stopped bleeding. My original theory was that he either got in a fight with his brother or his father. But after what I saw this morning from my girls and thinking back to that day, I think my theory has a hole. This morning I got everyone up, gave Autumn her vitamins (wry neck), and placed her on a far side of the stall to start her off; everyone else came out of the coop on their own. Next thing I know, all 3 of my 6mo girls - Smokey, Clove, and Autumn - got into a three-wat brawl! They didn't appear to be hurting each other (save for a few head and face shots), but man were they going at it! They definitely have their mother's trait of not backing down! Luppi, their father and my top roo, did nothing to stop them, and neither did my top hen, Georgia (not a silkie, but she throws her weight around). When I think back to the day I found Ash covered in blood, I recall seeing blood on Clove and Autumn's beaks. It took a while for the fighting to stop, and everyone's calm now.

But my question is: Can hens fight to the point a rooster tries breaking it up, only to be caught in the crossfire and injured? I've seen roos fight before, and I've seen some brutal aftermaths from my neighbor's flock, bit these guys are Silkies! I would never have imagined such docile babies could pull off horrific damage (until Luppi pecks me because he's devoted to his flock...we've been together for a year now Luppi, ease up)."

Attachments

• 20210430_102447.jpg
    20210430_102447.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210430_103201.jpg
    20210430_103201.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210502_230613.jpg
    20210502_230613.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom