Kentucky people

Oh! I want some Barred rocks so bad! They're beautiful! But they lay the same color eggs as my BO's I'm starting to breed, so I can't!
sad.png

My BR won't be laying for another 18 or so weeks. Maybe we could work something out. Do you know of any swaps in the area yet?

My BR won't be laying for another 18 or so weeks.  Maybe we could work something out.  Do you know of any swaps in the area yet?

I went to Lawrenceburg swap at TSC week before last, & I'm going back this Saturday. Its kind of far, but idk of anything closer.
I can't have BR. My sweety would beat me if I got ANOTHER breed. Lol

Anyone in the Central KY area with Cuckoo Marans? I would like to have a couple of pullets. Don't have a set up for chicks
Prices seem awful steep for the ones I have seen online so far. They had 50 chicks that came into the Lexington Southern States but they sold out in a couple of hours

Sonderah, have you considered Seramas? They seem pretty darn broody, and are as bantam as you'll find. My 2 hens are brooding right now, first chicks due next week.

Sonderah, have you considered Seramas? They seem pretty darn broody, and are as bantam as you'll find.  My 2 hens are brooding right now, first chicks due next week.

No. I havent ever seen those. I picked up possible sizzle chicks Saturday, and decided to grab a breeding set while I was at it. Lol Got a Frizzled Cochin rooster and a bantam Silkie. Will probably get him another Silkie or 2, then surely I'll get someone broody out of those! Lol I'll look up the Seramas though, maybe they will be my next option. :)

Just seen you were from Wayne co. Lol we prolly pass each other in the mornings. Used to work at AK Steel and now work at Special Metals in Huntington. I'll wave next time we pass each other on 64 or 52!! Haha

That's funny! Yes I'm in Huntington and take 52 to work lol. I work in a lab near Bellefonte. Worked at Bellefonte for a couple years and moved down the road to a private practice. :0) I'm familiar with special metals...my grandfather retired from there when it was Inco.

Back
Top Bottom