Kentucky people

Alright...Can't help myself. My new babies!
love.gif

Snowy - White Silkie
Jelly Bean - EE
Goldie -- Buff Orpington
August - Welsummer

Hello! We are breeders under the name Playin' Chicken Farm in Elizabethtown, ky. We are NPIP participants and Avian Flu Free per state tests. We're also Kentucky Proud members!

We raise and breed:
Gold Laced Polish
Silver Laced Polish
White Crested Black Polish
Black Crested White Polish
White Crested Blue Polish

Sultans
Silkies
-buff
-white
-mixed
Golden Sebrights
Sizzles
Frizzles
Polizzles
Ducks
-runners
-Pekins

We do not ship or deliver.

Hello everyone!
I am new here and new to the chicken world. My daughter and I are having a blast researching and planning to welcome chicks into our home this comping spring. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on the best place to buy chicks. I want to use a reputable breeder but many have purchase limits that are too high.
I am looking to start out with 3-4 chicks, leaving room for me to add to my flock before I reach my local ordiance restriction of 9 ladies - no men allowed :-(.
Any advice would be great!
F.Y.I I'm located close to Lexington.

Thanks!

@olepackrat - yes, the girls found a permanent home in Lexington. :) I forgot to update this thread.

Are you looking to adopt pigs in general? Or know someone who is? I get a lot of requests to adopt pigs (& other animals) from KY. I could send the info your way, when they come in, if you want.

HEY GUYS!! Newish to Kentucky! moved here in april from TN... moved because of a girl... lol now I'll be marrying her in May... we have been living in Bowling green since then and we are in process of buying a house in Russellville. anybody around those parts?

Been away from chickens for about 5 years.. hoping to bless my new dwelling with a few feathered friends:)

Hi y'all! I'm new to BYC and need to introduce myself and find my local flock friends. I'm Jenn and I live in Scottsville Kentucky. My flock consists of various breeds and numbers near 60 ... I think. Counting chickens is kinda like herding cats; always a trial and fun for all. :weeI look forward to my online adventures and meeting lots of fellow chicken lovers.

Hi Guys!
We are a family of 3 (not including 2 dogs, 2 cats and a gecko) in Louisville, KY, who are interested in getting back into chickens next Spring. We used to own a little flock of 3 Buff Orpingtons whom we adopted as adults...but possums took 2 and so we gave away the third to someone with a full flock bc we weren't ready to start over and she was unhappy solo and understandably terrified.
We think we know how to better protect our birds this time (which will entail a bit of building) but we thought it would be good to join here and benefit from some of your knowledge and experience!
We are hoping to have bantams this time around - looking at silkies, cochins, barbus, bantam brahmas and frizzles. We know that there are hatcheries out there who ship but have read horror stories about deliveries arriving with dead chicks and chicks that die soon after arrival, so we are hoping to find bantam breeders within 2 hours' driving distance of Louisville, KY for this Spring.
Anyone know where we might start?
Thanks in advance!
KY Evanses :)

Hey, I'm RoyD from Ekron, Ky. area near Brandenburg, about 10 miles from Ft.Knox, where I retired from, we have about 2 1/4 acres and right now we are staying with the BarredRock breed, maybe some different ones later.

Back
Top Bottom