Kentucky people

Mojo Chick'n :

Ok, I am in serious urgent need of a Barred Rock rooster (somewhere local).

I was gonna wait til Sano started getting busy again, but if I can get one now, I really need one.

anyone close to me have one or know where I can get one? I plan to hit the feedstore tomorrow and have Julie look harder for me - I told her last time that I needed one, but I didn't tell her it was so urgent. It just became urgent
lau.gif

meri

?
tongue.png
? What happen...meri did ya get a hankerin fer some baked bird?

Pop​

Last edited:
Quote:
?
tongue.png
? What happen...meri did ya get a hankin fer some baked bird?

Pop

lau.gif
no, I just got orders for pure bred barred rock hatching eggs - and my rooster died on me this past winter. I have a bunch of pretty BR girlies with no man around to keep them in line.

meri

I've only got one, and he's still a baby. Sorry
sad.png

You see them all the time at Sano, but I don't know anyone that has them. My friend May might, I'll have to check. Did you ask Larry in Columbia? The guy you got your calls from? I doubt he has one, but he'd probably be able to get one for you.

Mojo Chick'n :

Ok, I am in serious urgent need of a Barred Rock rooster (somewhere local).

I was gonna wait til Sano started getting busy again, but if I can get one now, I really need one.

anyone close to me have one or know where I can get one? I plan to hit the feedstore tomorrow and have Julie look harder for me - I told her last time that I needed one, but I didn't tell her it was so urgent. It just became urgent
lau.gif

meri

My friend can probably find you one with no problem..I'll ask him.

We missed a little black Cochin yesterday...found him flirting with the Jerseys.​

Last edited:
Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
LOL I only got three blues this batch, but next batch I plan to get some more. They're all beautiful babies, though - I got 14 cochin babies (3 blues, the rest are blacks) and 6 buff orp babies. One of the blue babies is very light, so it should be extra pretty.

I'm hoping to get a blue cockerel out of some of these (either these three or the next bunch I get) to add in a blue boy with my black rooster.
lau.gif
This is the first time I've really hoped for a cockerel among the chicks I've gotten. Usually I am hoping NOT to have any cockerels (or very few).

I'll get pics later - we're still fighting with that dang pump (frozen). Hubby just went out with a torch to see what he can do with it. Otherwise I'll be carrying water til evening chores, probably (in pails, from the house
sad.png
)

meri

Yeah..that lighter one is gonna be gorgeous!! I would have kept it for myself for sure if he/she hadn't been promised. My girls and boys did some fine work I think!​

Quote:
My friend can probably find you one with no problem..I'll ask him.

We missed a little black Cochin yesterday...found him flirting with the Jerseys.

cool, ask him - I don't want to go out to sano this time of year, and if anyone can get me one (you, shelley, anyone) I'll be glad to get him.

Aww, I missed one?
lau.gif
hubby would probably put on his disgusted face if I drove all that way for one chick LOL. If ya still have him next week when the blues are there, and ya don't think that anyone will buy just one lonely cochin baby, I'll take him then. Or you'll probably have other cochins, then, too and he can go with them to someone.

I definately want some blues out of the next hatch, though.
lau.gif
anytime hubby gives me the green light to expand the flocks, I'm gonna run with it before he changes his mind.

meri

Quote:
LOL I only got three blues this batch, but next batch I plan to get some more. They're all beautiful babies, though - I got 14 cochin babies (3 blues, the rest are blacks) and 6 buff orp babies. One of the blue babies is very light, so it should be extra pretty.

I'm hoping to get a blue cockerel out of some of these (either these three or the next bunch I get) to add in a blue boy with my black rooster.
lau.gif
This is the first time I've really hoped for a cockerel among the chicks I've gotten. Usually I am hoping NOT to have any cockerels (or very few).

I'll get pics later - we're still fighting with that dang pump (frozen). Hubby just went out with a torch to see what he can do with it. Otherwise I'll be carrying water til evening chores, probably (in pails, from the house
sad.png
)

meri

Yeah..that lighter one is gonna be gorgeous!! I would have kept it for myself for sure if he/she hadn't been promised. My girls and boys did some fine work I think!

They did indeed
big_smile.png
I can't wait to see how the orps turn out, too - since they're coming from the new stock you got - those are some big fat girls
big_smile.png

meri

Its going to be nice here today... so I'd better take advantage of it and get out to the coop and scoop all the poop, put down fresh shavings. I need a better system, going have honey make me some of them drop boards for the roost (is that what their called?)... think this spring we need to redo our roost, I'd like to have the ladder kind.

Back
Top Bottom