Kentucky people

I have pigs, sheep, chickens, ducks, and more eggs in the incubator.
My husband wants hogs. He’s from Louisiana so he likes all that stuff. We had horses at one time. But we do live somewhat in a neighborhood now so that’s not possible.

I originally wanted 6 hens purely for the eggs and the kids to have a “farm” life but has now turned into 9 pullets, 1 rooster (I wanted him to protect flock) 2 ducks and a turkey (my husband wanted that).

Hello all. Vine Grove KY here. 30 miles from Louisville and a stones throw from Ft Knox. What started as only wanting 6 chicks, has turned in to 13 birds all together. Lord I hope I have the patience lol

Hey there! We are moving to the vine Grove area this fall. We have 7 hens we want to bring with us. Is it pretty much legal all around there to have them or is there certain areas that don't allow them? I'm having a hard time looking it up online. Thanks!

Hey there! We are moving to the vine Grove area this fall. We have 7 hens we want to bring with us. Is it pretty much legal all around there to have them or is there certain areas that don't allow them? I'm having a hard time looking it up online. Thanks!
Well hey soon to be neighbor!!! I called city hall prior to starting my adventure this winter and I was told that they are considered domestic animals and therefore allowed. I think as long as thy are not a nuisance and your neighbors are cool, you shouldn’t have any issues. Although I live in a neighborhood, I live on a dead end street and only have one direct neighbor. So I’m pretty fortunate. There is a house 2 doors down getting ready to go up for auction. Check out hardincountymastercommisioner.com and find lots of homes in the area cheap.

Hello everyone,
We live in Springfield, Ky on my family farm. (Great grandparents "Grace" bought it and raised 15 children! My grandfather ended up with it, raised his 3 kids and my dad left his portion to me.)
We have pot belly pigs, hogs, chickens and Welsh harliquin ducks. I am astablishing my Welsh Harliquin flock so I can become npip and sell eggs and ducklings.
Silver WH 1 drake, 6 hens
Gold WH 1 drake 2 hens
All are together at the moment.
I also have 3 extra young drakes for sale if anyone is interested. I just got them and a few hens from a guy in lexington.
Nice to see so many people in Kentucky!

Back
Top Bottom