Kentucky people

As far as locales to move into in Ky. Try researching zip code 40146 ! Breckinridge County . Half way between owensboro and louisville . CHEAP land . Cost of living is Extremely low . Great , safe place to settle . Beautiful scenery , industry only a few miles travel . Large Amish community . IMHO a great place for you to research .

Feel free to ask any questions of me .

I know several millers . But randy doesnt ring a bell just yet . But I'd say I've met most everyone here through our store . If they have been to wild west bbq , then yup , I met 'em .
smile.png

I know some allens too , but not too well and they live in the next county over (meade Co.) .

Has anyone thawed out from the cold this weekend? Brrrrrr It was so cold my gloves kept freezing to the pens when I tried to open the doors. I kept getting stuck like glue, and head to take my hands out to rip the gloves off the metal. I kept seeng that little boy from A Christmas Story with his tongue stuck to the flag pole. I was terrified I would spill a bucket of water, slip, fall, and be stuck to a pen. I'd freeze before anyone found me. LOL

Yolonda

Still haven't thawed out here, we are still having to break the water multiple times a day. DH goes out before they get out of the coop and gives them all new water and I have to go out usually around noon and do it again. Usually my ds goes out and collects eggs, but we have been doing it because we don't want him out in the cold.... I can not wait for summer!

Kentucky~Momma :

Still haven't thawed out here, we are still having to break the water multiple times a day. DH goes out before they get out of the coop and gives them all new water and I have to go out usually around noon and do it again. Usually my ds goes out and collects eggs, but we have been doing it because we don't want him out in the cold.... I can not wait for summer!

So just when does winter start to turn to spring feeling in Kentucky?​

My breeder barn actually got down to 38 degrees. It almost never gets below 40. I think it is because I only have about 300 birds in there compared to over 500 last winter.
I'm ready for Spring.

Matt

We have in April, but last year we had a LATE frost that killed almost everything around, here. Even the big time farmers in Kentucky and Tennessee got hit hard, and I think they got state of emergency aid... Y'all correct me if I am wrong, but I know they got some sort of assistance because it was a really late frost.

Bowling Green's generally accepted last frost date is May 3rd. I'm really catching garden fever early this year, too early! I'll put leaf lettuce in cold frames mid February, start others indoors around then as well.

The first day of spring for me is always Derby day !!!! The first Saturday in May. (Except for that one year it snowed) You have to love all the women in hats and spring dresses. Does anyone go to the track on Oaks day? I went 2 years ago and loved it. If the weather is nice I'd like to go this year.

Did everyone get snow today? I was terrified all the way to work. I have almost an hour commute at 5am. There was no one out but salt trucks. But after I got to work it was a snow day. We made lots of fattening junk food and had a yatzee tournament. I love my job!

Okay get ready.....the cold is coming again.

I had some young silkies die during the last cold snap. They were snuggled up in a corner in a pile of hay, and it looked like the ones on the bottom suffocated. A few of my cats looked like the same thing happened.

Keep warm,
Yolonda

Back
Top Bottom