Kentucky people

Hi:
Had three Rhode Isalnd Red hens and a Black Silkie hen. Any idea what you might have to pick from? Small backyard here in very close subdivision so Rooster's are out:)
Thanks for the reply. *Mark

Post him on the Australorp thread under the Breeds, Genetics and Showing forum here. Were you going to show him in 4H or against other Australorps in an APA sanctioned show? Is he from a exhibition quality line or hatchery stock?

There is a show in Frankfort this Saturday morning. You should try to come and have a look/see. I don't know about 4H except it judges you on your knowledge of poultry and your breed. There's a lot of online resources to read about it though. I don't if Harrison Co. has a program...

edited for finding a link for you www.apa-abayouthpoultryclub.org/

Last edited:
Hi all! Wanted to pass the word the along that there is an Animal Swap at the TSC in Alexandria, KY this Saturday at 7am. All animals are welcome but must be leashed, caged, or left in trailers.

Hope to see some of you there!

Do you have a link for the Frankfort show on the 7th?? I'm trying to find info. (times, etc.) and can't find a blasted thing....

There is a show in Frankfort this Saturday morning. You should try to come and have a look/see. I don't know about 4H except it judges you on your knowledge of poultry and your breed. There's a lot of online resources to read about it though. I don't if Harrison Co. has a program...

edited for finding a link for you www.apa-abayouthpoultryclub.org/

I did have an entrance form and flyer but mailed it to another BYCer here since I wasn't exhibiting. I think the swap starts at 7am and the judging for the show itself at 9am.

Is there an Amish/Mennonite sale/auction going on this weekend in Allen County?

When we moved here to KY, we were told to make sure we check it out in April.

I read an old post from 2007 that the sale is the first Saturday in April.

Just wanted to be sure before I drove that far.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom