(Key West) I am leaving on a jet plane on Friday morning....Pics***

Quote:
It's my home.
Good. There is a rescue down there. Tons of chickens need homes. I tried to catch a momma and her babies about 3 months ago but they fly real good. Good luck. Them people that reside 3 months out of the year here hate them. They're not just in Key West. Them Gypsy birds are everywhere in the keys wild. Tiny little thangs.

I've been told they need homes and are available to take home, but then ive also heard that they can't be messed wih, so with is true?

I heard both too!!!!! I can't wait to see them! My soon to be sister-in-law said they just go where ever they want when they want. I am sure year round residents are more understanding about them being around so much. The chickens are going to be the highlight of my weekend!!!

big_smile.png
Chicken Fever got ya!

Get a couple of those little dog carriers that look like duffle bags/purses and sneak a couple home. When your husband asks what you have in the new bags simply tell him that they are 'treats' for your chicken pen, lol. You know you wanna bring some home with ya, dont resist, the chicken addiction always wins!

Quote:
It's my home.
Good. There is a rescue down there. Tons of chickens need homes. I tried to catch a momma and her babies about 3 months ago but they fly real good. Good luck. Them people that reside 3 months out of the year here hate them. They're not just in Key West. Them Gypsy birds are everywhere in the keys wild. Tiny little thangs.

I've been told they need homes and are available to take home, but then ive also heard that they can't be messed wih, so with is true?

Yea they are eradicating them. They need homes. If you can catch a chicken you can have it. Might upset a local used to the chickens but that would be all. They are trapping chickens, iguanas, and cats. Key West has a contract out on the chickens especially. They have a hired company to catch em up. They are real hard to catch though. They fly and run real fast. Most people don't really care about them running the streets. It's the people that only live here 3 months out of the year that complain. They don't come down to their vacation home to hear a rooster. The chickens aren't in just Key West though. They are everywhere here. There is some advocates out for the chickens. Talk to a couple of locals about them. You'll get a different story everytime LOL. But no, they aren't protected by any stretch. No live stock on MOST of the Keys and especially not in Key West. That includes poultry.

Oh, honey...I'm so sorry to tell you the Chicken Store is gone. They have an online site but the store itself is gone. Last time I was in Key West the ONLY reason I went that far south was to go to the Chicken Store...

It wasn't a totally wasted trip though cuz we stopped at Baby's Coffee and Five Brothers Three on the way back up, but I was really disappointed. THe LAST time I went to that store, I didn't buy anything (this was before I had my girls) and the minute we were out of the lower Keys I started regretting it.

<sigh>

I was soooooo disappointed!!! We drove all over looking for it and it was gone!!! BUT I did get a couple of good pics of a momma hen and her babies! I will post later
love.gif
...My mom, sister in law and I were out on the dock watching sharks and Tarpon until 3am and then decided there was no point in going to bed to get up at 5 so we haven't slept since Friday night!
I drove past Baby's Coffee a few times!!
We stayed in a house in Ramrod Key..it was right on the Atlantic Ocean!! BEAUTIFUL house! My sister in law knows the person who owns it and they lent the place to them for free for 2 weeks!! very cool! I have some pics, but I need to go relax for a bit, but wanted to check in and say HI and that I made it back safe and sound!!

We had a great time and the wedding was beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom