Kids can be so mean! Update (Woo Hoo)

Daycare Mom

Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious
11 Years
Apr 9, 2008
Conklin, Michigan
My daughter went to 6th grade camp the first half of this week. She had a great time, but while she was there someone stole her favorite doll. I know this sounds silly, the fact that she is 11 and still sleeps with a doll. Anyone who has a child who has a lovie will understand. She has had it since she was a baby and it is alot like a favorite blankie is to other kids. She has a feeling who took it, but she can't prove it. I talked to her teacher today(she was very understanding) and she is going to talk to the class. My daugther wants to make lost posters and offer a reward(she said she would give all her halloween candy). She is really upset about this, poor thing. I am just hoping she gets it back. Darn mean kids anyway, they will get theres someday!

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your daughter's doll. I hope all ends well. There is always going to be kids that do things like that. I'm sorry it had to happen to your daughter

How sweet she would give up her candy for that doll back. My son went to Bible camp once, and I had purchase a brand new bible with his name on it and everything $50!! Someone stole it. I was so mad. I figured if they had to steal a bible they needed it more than my son.
hmm.png

Ok, as a 6th grade teacher who has had a few mean kids I need to say something before the situation gets worse. As you said yourself having a 6th grader take a "lovie" into a group like that is hard enough. If the teacher addresses the whole class about it, it is going to make it many more times worse because now she will be the "baby" that lost her lovie.
If she has an idea of who took it, you need to have the teacher approach that child about it and ask very straightforwardly if that child did indeed take it or might know who did.
Eleven years old is way too old to be taking something like that to school/camp etc. She is opening herself up to horrible teasing and tormenting.
Please do not make me out to be a bad guy here, I'm not, I'm speaking from experience.

Last edited:
Kids can be so dumb. I can totally understand the loss that your daughter feels. I went on a bus trip to South Dakota and took my first teddy bear that I ever had when I was 1 years old. I just wanted something to bring with me to remind me of home. I put it in my bag of luggage and of coarse the stupid bus station lost everything. I was sooooo mad and upset. I was also 21 years old and not afraid to say I loved that teddy bear to death. I'm sorry this happened to your daughter. It can feel like the end of the world sometimes for kids.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughters doll. I know how special and secure an item like that can make you feel.My daughter is 20 y/o and still sleeps with her nite nite (a blanket that my mom made for her when she was a baby) and my 18 y/o has a batman pillow that he still sleeps with and has stated that it will go with him to college next year (my mom made this too). Mind you my son is 6'7" and weighs 285lbs and plays defensive tackle for his high school.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I agree that she should not have taken it with her. I didn't know that she had put it in her pillow case, I wouldn't have let her take it with her. I told the teacher who she thinks took it and I know the teacher will be sensitive so that my daughter is not embarassed. I told the teacher that I thought maybe she could just ask that it be returned to the classroom, no questions asked. Hopefully it will be returned to the classroom and all will be good again.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom