Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

Whichever place the eggs are making it to the end but not hatching.

Hold on now I'm actually lost.

Are you trying to incubate in your bra?
I CONFUSED THE KIKI!
My life is now complete!

Not really - I was thinking that I'd stash one of my nearly-ready eggs in the "apple holder" in hopes of getting a good sense of their timing. Nankin eggs are notorious for poor hatch rates. In addition to fertility issues inherent to the RCs (which is what I have) there are often issues with them not being able to get all the way out of the egg. Apparently, that's one of the reasons they do better with a broody - she'll help, if the baby gets stuck. I have one hen that accidentally crushes her new babies and another that gets REALLY upset when those fluffy yellow things start breaking all her carefully tended eggs, so I end up finishing their hatches in the incubator ... with a lousy hatch rate. Lately, I've been lucky to get half. Several times during the last hatch, we had power issues (back-to-back-to-back summer thunderstorms) and I lost them all. Now THAT was heartbreaking!
So - I'm going to take your suggestion and replace my gauges and calibrate everything all over again. Somethings got to help ...
But I do kinda like the idea of testing out the timing "up close and personally!"

Happy birthday @Kiki ! Today is the birthday for these little ones too! (With many more to follow)
0731200741.jpg

I'm thinking so!

Tonight may be filled with John Daly's!

(Arnold Palmer, the great Golf Ambassador, had a drink named after him called...An Arnold Palmer--Ice Tea and Lemonade.

John Daly, the Not So Great Golf Ambassador and notorious party-er also had a drink named after him; Ice Ted-Lemonade AND Vodka!) :thumbsup
I love Arnold Palmers!

Back
Top Bottom