Kill a hawk! Win a $10,000+ fine!

Quote:
Not to mention the party-like atmosphere!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I read that and I read Q9's (notice I said Q9's since he did not give any links to reliable studies) post. I'm not going to eat any DDT in the near future and it appears that DDT is still linked to eggshell thinning.

As far as Rachel Carson, it looks like many of her critics are linked to the pesticide companies, imagine that.

Did you look closely at the places where it mentioned the size of the doses? They're OBSCENELY high, doses that would NEVER occur under field conditions.

Average dosage experienced by humans (human habitation is where DDT had mostly been used, mind you, as protection from malaria-carrying mosquitoes) is .002 mg. The doses used in tests ranged from 2 to several thousand mg. Think about that for a minute.

Depending on the specific species of hawk, a licensed falconer may be able to acquire a permit to take the bird (for use in falconry). The species and the licensed level of experience of the falconer makes a difference.

Quote:
I read that and I read Q9's (notice I said Q9's since he did not give any links to reliable studies) post. I'm not going to eat any DDT in the near future and it appears that DDT is still linked to eggshell thinning.

As far as Rachel Carson, it looks like many of her critics are linked to the pesticide companies, imagine that.

Did you look closely at the places where it mentioned the size of the doses? They're OBSCENELY high, doses that would NEVER occur under field conditions.

Average dosage experienced by humans (human habitation is where DDT had mostly been used, mind you, as protection from malaria-carrying mosquitoes) is .002 mg. The doses used in tests ranged from 2 to several thousand mg. Think about that for a minute.

STOP already. If you need to discuss this further, go to the other section for ramblings.

Quote:

STOP already. If you need to discuss this further, go to the other section for ramblings.

We're talking about scientific and psuedoscientific studies pertaining to predators. Yes the thread has strayed a bit as most threads do. But I will do my best to refrain from any more participation here, not because I am yielding to an opposing view (which opposing view still hasn't produced any reliable studies) but because you have demanded we do so and because the thread has strayed from the OP.

Back
Top Bottom