killing a dog that killed your poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
So will I. That's why I have heavy duty coops and runs.

We have a hound dog we love. But he has jumped the fence to roam 3-4 times. We now go out with him every single time.

The protection has to come from BOTH sides. If my dog kills someone chickens, I'll be there saying how can I make restitution? But if my dog kills chickens and you don't even bother to let me know? You cage him and shoot him? Uhm, we'll be negotiating an agreement.

It's OUR job to keep the dog on our property - and it's also OUR job to make sure ANY dog cannot get in to them.

the lawyer seemed to perk up when we mentioned who the judge would be. she said this judge doesn't tend to look at what we did as harshly as some other judges would

the hound dog was around two to three days this week. i considered it a stray. if it had a tag or any i.d. or if the person let it be known that they were missing a dog then even though the dog did what it did it would be alive today

Quote:
New Hampshire's law are pretty simple...

"RSA 466:28 Killing Dogs Legalized.

Any person may kill a dog that suddenly assaults the person while such person is peaceably walking or riding without the enclosure of its owner or keeper; and any person may kill a dog that is found out of the enclosure or immediate care of its owner or keeper worrying, wounding, or killing sheep, lambs, fowl, or other domestic animals"

are your neighbors aware that you even own a hound dog and that it sometimes gets out? cause we didn't know ...........we never even met these people before let alone their dog

should i also add when the woman came over she asked if we shot a female dog that slipped it's coller. i said no, we shot a male hound dog with a collar on with no i.d. she said......wait a minute maybe it wasn't our dog let me go ask him. they didn't know if they were missing a male or a female, if it had a coller or not

and they didn't come around looking for the dog until the next day

should i also ask you if you have the reputation with at least four other people here that if your dog gets out and he sees it on his property he shoots it on sight. even if he knows where the dog belongs?

i will gladly agree to charges dropped min fine and forget about the birds. and promise i won't do it again. if if if.......if it had an i.d. if i had known it was the neighbors dog, if only. but i didn't. if i knew it was the neighbors dog i would have gone to see them before all of this and tell them the dog was running around my property, if i had known it was the neighbors dog i would have called them and wouldn't have killed it........even if it killed the whole flock. if i see a dog around again i will do differently for sure. never killed a dog in my life. in fact i never shot anything in my life (and i'm fifty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom