killing a dog that killed your poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my point!!!!!! It is the fault of the owner but yet you took your anger out on the dog!!!! You killed the dog for something the owner did! You shot a clueless dog for something that was the owners fault!

Unfortunately the dogs are the ones who suffer in this type of incident. The OWNER who is supposed to be in control of their animal at all times are not punished nor neglect to fence or tie up their dogs are the ones who need to be held responsible.

I don't want to kill a dog but no dog is ever going to make me not have livestock just because it thinks its food. That dog is not mine and that dog needs to be in the owners control. At that point the dog is to be shot dead if ever found:

As stated in Chapter 40, section 156 of the Massachusetts General Laws

Section 156. Any person may kill a dog which suddenly assaults him while he is peaceably standing, walking or riding outside the enclosure of its owner or keeper; and any person may kill a dog found out of the enclosure of its owner or keeper and not under his immediate care in the act of worrying, wounding or killing persons, live stock or fowls, and if any person shall kill or attempt to kill a dog so found, and in the act of worrying, wounding or killing persons, live stock or fowls, he shall not be held liable for cruelty to the dog unless it shall be shown that he intended to be cruel to the dog, or that he acted with a wanton and reckless disregard for the suffering of the dog. Prompt killing of a wounded dog, or a prompt report to the owner or to a dog officer of the wounding of the dog, shall be considered evidence of sufficient regard for the suffering of the dog.​

next someone will think i got out an ak-47 and riddled the dog's body in a blast of fire

the fact that kept the dog confined while i did the deed was the problem and the darn thing moved it's head or it would have been a clean shot to the head. so it took me two shots.

hmm.png

i'm wondering now. if i shot the dog while it was eating the guinea inside the pen is that technically shooting the dog while it's confined? even though it confined itself in order to eat dinner?

Quote:
hmm.png

Would of of rather him shot the dog in the hind end and then the dog ran off with a serious injury furthering its suffering? I commend him on his actions. He protected his property (yes chickens are property) He could of left it suffering, knew he wasn't a great shot and knew he might need a second shot to end the dogs life. Smart thinking if you ask me.

the dog was shot twice.........not mutiple times. if i had shot it on the run i imagine it would have taken me multiple shots and caused the dog much more suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom