Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Quote:
This really is just a bird site. I PM you a link when it's done.

Don't forget there is a "Other Pets & Livestock" forum here. You could always post the link. MissPrissy has a link to a blog about processing a Ram. Shouldn't be a problem.

clap.gif
Excellent post!
ya.gif

Let me second the motion that everyone should have the lung scrapers. That's the hardest part for me as I can hardly get my hand in there. After a long day doing it by hand, it feels like your fingertips have been rubbed raw over a washboard.

Quote:
This really is just a bird site. I PM you a link when it's done.

Don't forget there is a "Other Pets & Livestock" forum here. You could always post the link. MissPrissy has a link to a blog about processing a Ram. Shouldn't be a problem.

Amen ~ frugal, please do post it on here under the "Other Pets & Livestock" section. There sure are a lot of folks on here who post other than birds! lol ~ we have things for sale, Christmas crafts, soap making, goats, & even rants about dorky neighbors! So please, DO feel as though you can post the deer processing pictorial.... in fact, dig in, make yourself at home ~ sounds as if you are one of those fellows that folks would just love to pick the brains of~ post to your hearts' content ~ shoot we love yah already! :-D
~Red

Great thread! I have wondered about an ice water bath after scalding, before plucking, to prevent skin tearing, but I'd heard that would make the feathers re-stick. Do you have any problems with that? Does anyone else cool them before plucking?

Great Job!! Looks like a dismal day!

We have a sustainable community near by that does seminars, going to a bee keeping this Saturday. They make extra money and get extra hands for labor, doing the seminars. You sure would be able to teach one!

How long does it take you per bird?

I sure would like to see the deer tutorial when your done.

Last edited:
Wow, great pictures! I want to raise meat birds someday so this will be a big help.

Hey Moderators! Do you guys think we could sticky this to the top of the forum? I think all of us could really use it! Thanks!
bow.gif

I've got to join the club here and say bravo! You've made an excellent informative post and the pictures were perfect!
clap.gif

Thanks so very much!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom