Kinda funny-fuzzy+poopy butt chick! hellp?

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
We just bought two adorable buff cochin female chicks from someone on BYC at a chickenstock meet. We named them Pumpkin and Poppy.
love.gif
Cutest little faces! The person said that they won't get very big.
Anyway, one day while I was holding Pumpkin, the slightly older one(about 2-5 weeks old) and I noticed that she had a hard ball of poop stuck to her butt!
lau.gif
It is mostly stuck in her fuzzy butt feathers, but also to her skin a little. I tried taking it off, but didn't want to risk hurting her by pulling too hard.
hmm.png
It's as hard as a rock, that little piece of poop!
barnie.gif
It kinda look funny when she is walking around and it's hanging there and wiggling as she walks. That would drive me crazy if I were her!
lau.gif

My question is, how do I get it off???
hu.gif

that's exactly what I'd do too.....:eek: The cloth should be slightly warm (not hot) and hold it to her hind end for 30 seconds or so....should loosen it right up and you'll be able to pull it off! Wow! What we won't do for our little feathery friends!
love.gif

OK thanks!
big_smile.png
The chicks are at my dad's house and I'm not there until next weekend so I will call him and tell him so he can take it off.
tongue.png

Quote:
I had one once that had that little poop ball on it's butt. I cut it off with a pair of scissors. After I cut it off the best I could I took some warm soapy water and washed her butt then rinsed her butt off. Now you can't tell her from the others. The feathers grew back in beautifully.
old.gif
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
pulling on it it's too easy to rip irritated skin. they're right try warm water and a cloth, if it removes easily, good. if it's still stuck hard yep soak her butt. long term accumulations cause sores, if you pull fragile irritated skin can rip.

scissors are a short cut, but if you nick the vent you'll be sorry. The safety of it depends on where it is and whether there's any clearance between skin and poop.

Soaking is safer, you can blow dry on low after it's off. just keep moving the dryer back and forth so it doesn't get too hot.

And olive oil makes perfect sense. i'll be using it here tomorrow.

mine don't have hard bits yet, but i'm being really careful. i've seen it go badly.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom