Kinda Urgent Hatching issue

chickenmomma16

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Buckley, Washington
So I’ve had a bit of a late hatch due to incubator issues. 2 chicks are still fully in the shell and I candled them and they have pipped internally but not externally. It looks as though they have attempted to zip without actually zipping. They are chirping in the shell. This is day 23. I can’t decide wether to help or not...
suggestions??

Sounds like for right now they are fine. Give them some time. What was the incubator issue, low temps can cause later hatches.. I have seen people say they have had them hatch up to day 25.

If they stop chirping for a long period of time you may want to start with a safety hole first. Have you read the assisted hatch article here. That would be something you may want to do just Incase.

I have read that article, it’s been a while though. I had temperature dips at night (to 95ih) and my humidity was surprisingly low. Didn’t know until later in their incubation. I had 4 chicks hatch out well. 2 on day 21 and 2 on day 22. 5 eggs look dead, late quitters. And then these 2 live chicks in the shell. I topped of the water tray so I guess I’ll check again tomorrow.

Keep us updated and we love pics..
Here’s the siblings waiting for their brothers or sisters!
0C8296C6-A784-4895-A868-67DDDC7918F9.jpeg

What I'm wondering is how did you gets work out the timing on this?

Most people are doing lots of things on the day right? So if that's the case, it seems like its chancy that they could make it in time to even notice these issues.

And this part worries me. How did you start to notice there were problems? Someone only going out once or twice a day might not even know till its too late and a fatal mistake on the chicks right?

So I wonder how you guys work out managing to even spot this stuff on the timing.

There's so many things to ask on this part, that I'm not even sure where to start.

Back
Top Bottom