Kindly asking for a new report page for the Member Pages

I was just going to ask if threads could be reassigned. I guess this also means that we would have to download all images and attachments to our computer, the upload them to the to the thread? I would be willing to do this, though I think the better solution is to point the author to the correct forum and ask them to start a thread there.
… and then move the botched »Article« into some kind of trash-can, so it won't bother anyone anymore but is not deleted. (?)

I was just going to ask if threads could be reassigned. I guess this also means that we would have to download all images and attachments to our computer, the upload them to the to the thread? I would be willing to do this, though I think the better solution is to point the author to the correct forum and ask them to start a thread there.
They can't be reassigned now, we'd need an add-on.
… and then move the botched »Article« into some kind of trash-can, so it won't bother anyone anymore but is not deleted. (?)
Articles aren't permanently deleted. When we delete an article (or a post, or a thread), it is hidden from view, but staff can still view it and it can be undeleted.

That would be the polite way of going about it but I think a significant proportion of those posters may no longer post here. Also, if they didn't get the article in the right place the first time round and didn't notice that they got zero response, then I would say the chances of getting the authors to move them is approaching non existent.:confused:
I'm in favour of getting the job done. Contacting every author and then waiting for them to move their article would take a very long time and even then I think you would still have to delete or move hundreds.
There are a few people who seem interested in helping out. The problem as I see it is, this is a job that needs doing once. Building a data base would still mean I imagine that a member of staff would have to go through the data base. This isn't much less time consuming than going through the members section as it is. Those who are prepared to work through the articles need to be able to either move, or delete them for the system to be efficient. If a dump could be set up and saved. If mistake get made or someone objects then this way the article is retrievable.

BYC is, at it's core, a poultry site, but if we limited our content to only poultry specific topics, we'd be a shadow of our currentness.
Threads, in the games forums, are fine.
But not articles, let's try to keep some integrity there.

That would be awesome, if we had the means (both programatically and in terms of person resources) to do so. Maybe we can come up with some ways to help make this happen. Let's keep that idea flowing!
Just shut it down.
How many articles are submitted daily?
Fewer then the crew can review the already made articles?

Last edited:
If it isn't possible to move article content into a thread, is it possible to have a sub-category »Articles that should have been Threads« under the »Member Pages« and move those accidents there?
If the "articles" should be threads, I'd like to have them moved or removed and not in the articles section.

I'm game to do that for you, if you want.
Thanks, we'll take you (and others) up on the offer!

Threads, in the games forums, are fine.
But not articles, let's try to keep some integrity there.
I'm ok with non-chicken related articles / content, as long as they are properly categorized and the content is appropriate.

I would be willing to do this, though I think the better solution is to point the author to the correct forum and ask them to start a thread there.
Great idea! In fact, here's what I'm thinking:

We have volunteers message the peeps that posted in the article section instead of the thread a canned response like:

"Hi, we noticed you posted your question to this article here <link>.

Our team periodically removes content posted in our articles section that is meant for the forum, and we feel like your post would be a better fit here: <direct link to proper "new thread" link in the right forum section>.

If you would still like your question posted to the forum, please copy / paste the content from your article over to a new thread (in the link above). If you don't need any more help, then there's nothing you need to do since our system will remove the article automatically in x days."

So, that leaves it up to the person to copy their stuff AND hopefully shows them the proper way to ask a question for future reference.

We could keep a list of which peeps received PM conversations and then just automatically remove the articles after x days.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom