Kindly asking for a new report page for the Member Pages

If the "articles" should be threads, I'd like to have them moved or removed and not in the articles section.

Thanks, we'll take you (and others) up on the offer!

I'm ok with non-chicken related articles / content, as long as they are properly categorized and the content is appropriate.

Great idea! In fact, here's what I'm thinking:

We have volunteers message the peeps that posted in the article section instead of the thread a canned response like:

"Hi, we noticed you posted your question to this article here <link>.

Our team periodically removes content posted in our articles section that is meant for the forum, and we feel like your post would be a better fit here: <direct link to proper "new thread" link in the right forum section>.

If you would still like your question posted to the forum, please copy / paste the content from your article over to a new thread (in the link above). If you don't need any more help, then there's nothing you need to do since our system will remove the article automatically in x days."

So, that leaves it up to the person to copy their stuff AND hopefully shows them the proper way to ask a question for future reference.

We could keep a list of which peeps received PM conversations and then just automatically remove the articles after x days.

Thoughts?
Some of us already give the OP's direct links to create threads.

Will this be done to all articles within hours/days of posting....or....??
It really depends on how much support we have from peeps to help with this. Ideally it would be immediately, but it might take a few days depending on our peeps availability to help.

It really depends on how much support we have from peeps to help with this. Ideally it would be immediately, but it might take a few days depending on our peeps availability to help.
So there's no way to hold for review before publishing?
How many new articles are made each day....can you run numbers on that?

If the "articles" should be threads, I'd like to have them moved or removed and not in the articles section.

I'm ok with non-chicken related articles / content, as long as they are properly categorized and the content is appropriate.

We have volunteers message the peeps that posted in the article section instead of the thread a canned response like:

Our team periodically removes content posted in our articles section that is meant for the forum, and we feel like your post would be a better fit here: <direct link to proper "new thread" link in the right forum section>.

If you would still like your question posted to the forum, please copy / paste the content from your article over to a new thread (in the link above). If you don't need any more help, then there's nothing you need to do since our system will remove the article automatically in x days."

So, that leaves it up to the person to copy their stuff AND hopefully shows them the proper way to ask a question for future reference.

We could keep a list of which peeps received PM conversations and then just automatically remove the articles after x days.

Thoughts?
So, you would make a page with sections (chosen when the sub categories are defined)
Would it be possible to drag and drop a url into the one of the sub categories.
What would be helpful is the deletion (hide from view) of the article in old section when the url gets entered into the correct sub category.
If so we could work our way through and at least have a data base of sorts with the articles in the appropriate sub heading. I think there are a few of us willing to put some work into this.

Usually less than 25 articles per week, typically less than 5 per day. We do have the option to hold articles for approval before they are published.
Seems like a no brainer to me.
Announcement about 'is this a question-post in a forum' could come up with the 'this article will be published after review' notice.
The sorting team could do these first thing instead of adding more content to be sorted later.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom