Kindly asking for a new report page for the Member Pages

That could be a good idea, I just think that we should avoid adding something as specific as roleplaying.
Should me make a new thread with a poll for everyone to vote?
:D

Or are you going to discuss it in the next staff meeting?

I think that the problem has been addressed and it has clearly been stated multiple times that this issue cannot be resolved by us on our end. Adding article subforums probably won't help much. There is TONS of content here that is not chicken related. Like the entire other poultry section.

So yeah, let's just get rid of about 1/3 of the content on this site. Brilliant idea :clap

How is this question still being asked? I'm flabbergasted that some people seem to be blind to the answer.

Should me make a new thread with a poll for everyone to vote?

Or are you going to discuss it in the next staff meeting?
I'll see what Rob thinks.
I think that the problem has been addressed and it has clearly been stated multiple times that this issue cannot be resolved by us on our end. Adding article subforums probably won't help much. There is TONS of content here that is not chicken related. Like the entire other poultry section.

So yeah, let's just get rid of about 1/3 of the content on this site. Brilliant idea :clap

How is this question still being asked? I'm flabbergasted that some people seem to be blind to the answer.
I do think it would be good to have some differentiation between poultry related and non poultry related content in the articles section. I just didn't want to add a section for something as specific as roleplaying, since this is still a site primarily about chickens, and the roleplaying takes place in off-topic sections.

I do think it would be good to have some differentiation between poultry related and non poultry related content in the articles section. I just didn't want to add a section for something as specific as roleplaying, since this is still a site primarily about chickens, and the roleplaying takes place in off-topic sections.
True true

I created a poll too, just in case.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/poll-time-article-section-related.1334537/

Dang, you peeps are on POINT with all this stuff and it's MUCH appreciated!

Our team and resources are often stretched thin, so any help we can get, the better!!!

I question why these are even on a poultry forum.
BYC is, at it's core, a poultry site, but if we limited our content to only poultry specific topics, we'd be a shadow of our currentness. It's a tricky balance between too few and too many "off topic" discussions, but over the 10+ years we've been running BYC, I'm pretty confident that our balance is pretty spot-on. That said, we can always improve in how we do things, including our organization and presentation of content, so the feedback y'all are providing is excellent!

Articles should be reviewed before publishing....that would sift the wheat from the chaff, instead of adding to the sorting after the fact.
That would be awesome, if we had the means (both programatically and in terms of person resources) to do so. Maybe we can come up with some ways to help make this happen. Let's keep that idea flowing!

Finally, given I've offered to have a go at this twice and there has been no official response I don't think it's on the staffs list of priorities.
What specifically? We're definitely open to cleaning things up, but we've been focusing our efforts (our team and the members) on the coops section, Learning Center, etc. We're definitely overdue for some cleanup of isle 10 (i.e., Member Pages).

Is the developer looking into it?
@CarpCharacin asked the developer, he said no. I asked the developer, he said no. I offered to pay for the addition (and not just for BYC, but for all the thousands of sites using his program) and he said no. So, we'll have to find work-arounds until he changes his mind since we're not really able to jump in and edit his code.

There doesn't seem much point in turning months old misplaced threads into current threads. It would make more sense to just delete them.
Yeah, that's probably true. I personally HATE removing peeps content, and avoid it as much as possible where I can. Ideally we'd be able to one-click move stuff from articles to threads. Since that's not an option, the next step would be to copy/paste the content from an article over to a thread (manually :( ) having the OP do it, or a volunteer, and then assign that thread to the OP.

LOTS of great feedback and discussion. Keep it up! We definitely will want everyone's help to improve BYC, especially the articles section!

:woot

Dang, you peeps are on POINT with all this stuff and it's MUCH appreciated!

Yeah, that's probably true. I personally HATE removing peeps content, and avoid it as much as possible where I can. Ideally we'd be able to one-click move stuff from articles to threads. Since that's not an option, the next step would be to copy/paste the content from an article over to a thread (manually :( ) having the OP do it, or a volunteer, and then assign that thread to the OP.
If it isn't possible to move article content into a thread, is it possible to have a sub-category »Articles that should have been Threads« under the »Member Pages« and move those accidents there?

Since that's not an option, the next step would be to copy/paste the content from an article over to a thread (manually :( ) having the OP do it, or a volunteer, and then assign that thread to the OP.
I was just going to ask if threads could be reassigned. I guess this also means that we would have to download all images and attachments to our computer, the upload them to the to the thread? I would be willing to do this, though I think the better solution is to point the author to the correct forum and ask them to start a thread there.

Back
Top Bottom