Kitten Trouble Discussion

K_EP-I

Songster
Aug 6, 2019
Dover, Delaware
So I recently, Janurary, found a stray cat wandering around lost. She had a collar on so I brought her in. I took her to the vet and sadly had no microchip. I went around looking for lost cat signs all through March and local official online animal lost and found pages. No luck. So I kept her. I was off in college and my parents didn’t appreciate cats at the time and weren’t home all day so they kept her outdoors. I was going to spay her on my spring break but she was pregnant. Now I completely know this is my fault and I feel so bad about contributing to the ever increasing pets needing homes. She gave birth March 22 and there are 5 beautiful little kittens. Now she stays indoors and will be getting spayed when kittens are weaned off. Now my problem is I can’t keep all 5 babies as much as I want to. I’m allowed to keep 2 max. They will be kept inside, spayed/neutered as well. (Learning from my terrible mistake.) I don’t care about making money off of them and frankly don’t want any. I’m just happy she trusted me to care for them and I did it happily. I just want the babies to go to good homes that will love them as much as I did. Though, I might do a spay/neuter fee that I will give back once they prove they have to prevent this. I’m just stressed out because I don’t know of anyone who would want a kitten. I still have 9 weeks to find them homes but it’s just stressing me out. Anyone have any suggestions? Please don’t be mean though, I know it’s on me this happened.

It's alright. Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe ask some neighbors around to see if they want some. Put some listings around, maybe at your vet's office with your number to see if anyone wants them. Hopefully they find a good home! :)

Back
Top Bottom