Kitty meets the chicks!

Bear1978

Songster
Jun 16, 2020
Arkansas
This is Princess. Our 15 year old kitty.

Her first time seeing the chickens out in the run... She just sat there meowing and pacing back and forth. I think she’s too old to care much about attempting a break in. And the coop and run are predator and cat proof! The chicks were a little hesitant at first, but now they pretty much ignore her! Lol!
E494A0DA-1BC2-40BA-95EF-BB7202FB2EAB.jpeg
60064435-E3D2-47D1-9436-8B5788466F5E.jpeg

Princess is beautiful! She was probably trying to figure out who those weird looking 'cats' were. :lol:

Princess is beautiful! She was probably trying to figure out who those weird looking 'cats' were. :lol:

Thanks! She sat there meowing and then pacing back and forth. Once she figured out they were inaccessible, she lost interest and went back to sleeping on the back patio under the shade lol

Beautiful cat and beautiful birds! I bet she was wondering about why those kittens look so weird :lol:
My cat is TERRIFIED of my girls. We got them as adults. I put him down near the coop, and all it took was one 'bock cluck BOCK!' to send him running! It's super fun that all of your creatures are able to coexist peacefully.

Thanks guys! Yes! That apron about did my knees in! But it was worth the hard work and pain to make sure the chicks are safe and secure!

The dog is another story. When I had them in the brooder in my office she would stare at them and lick her lips!! So she’s the one I’ll have to keep and eye on! Plus she’s an Australian Shepherd so herding is in her blood!

Thanks guys! Yes! That apron about did my knees in! But it was worth the hard work and pain to make sure the chicks are safe and secure!

The dog is another story. When I had them in the brooder in my office she would stare at them and lick her lips!! So she’s the one I’ll have to keep and eye on! Plus she’s an Australian Shepherd so herding is in her blood!

Can you teach a sheep dog to herd chickens? That would be useful, & most dogs won't eat their charges.

Back
Top Bottom