Korfus, new chick!!

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
OMG, it is day 23 and yesterday I threw away an egg that turned out to have a blue orp chick in it
he.gif
although dead. I couldn't figure out why it had completely developed and then died in the shell but decided to wait until day 24 to be absolutely sure of a no-hatch! Low and behold I heard chirping and about knocked my dh over trying to get to the incubator!!
wee.gif
Here is the first one..maybe the only one and I pray it makes it so I will at least have two blue orps. I have one pullet who is about three-four weeks old, not by my calendar to double check. This one looks like it will be very light but won't know for sure until dries. I just pray it makes it.
fl.gif

1280_dsc02922.jpg

not very clear right now.

thank you all! This chick was born with some greenish/dark ...hmmm looks like a bowel movement? stringing out from behind it. Is this normal or is it because the chick was born so late?

It's adorable! Congrats! I hope it makes it
big_smile.png

The green stuff is most likely a poo. I've had chicks hatch with that before. I figure human fetuses poo when distressed... do you think it's the same with chickens?
hmm.png

Thanks everyone...I can't tell you how excited I am over this chick! Yes, Cyn, I think it is a splash, too but I was waiting to get verification from the more experienced
wink.png

It seems to be rather healthy and responds to my voice so I am praying there will be at least one more, hopefully three....
fl.gif
by tomorrow. If not then I hope this is a cockeral since I have the blue orp pullet. I will be guarding these two with my life so they make it through this winter and all. It is so wonderful. And now Miss P may have developed a new color? How exciting is all this? Got to love these orps!!

Back
Top Bottom