Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Storage... it’s a primary challenge for me right now. We are currently missing the good (large) socket set, two smaller ones that should live in a Jeep and a truck, as well as one staple gun, the hole saw set, and half my chicken things. I know because I finally cleaned and organized our “garage”. The candling light lives with the turners. I’m also missing my stainless straw, Turkey Baster, small eye dropper, and several thermometers. Which usually get stored with the incubators and turners.

The chicken/incubation stuff returned very slowly and not to the correct places, mostly thanks to the hatch at the other guys place...I know I got the light back, but just can’t seem to find it. I also had to re-clean the incubator :sick At least I’ve found most of my tools, and I can get into our cargo trailer/garage again. I think one day I may murder my poor Andrew over not putting the tool totes back. When we had a whole garage it wasn’t an issue, but having stuffed that 16x20’ garage into a 6x12’ (according to DH, I may just measure it tomorrow as it seems much smaller) cargo trailer, if things aren’t organized it gets completely impossible.

Last edited:
:wee:celebrate
So exciting! I'm on tenterhooks for you hoping it all goes smoothly.

What are the chances of FIL deciding to have a vacation in Cuba again soon?

I thought he was supposed to leave this month... for some medical appointments or something. If I have to hear about his abscess and hospital visit last vacation one more time. 🤮 that and the “ladies” propositioning him 🤢 I have long since lost any and all urges to visit Cuba. BIL’s situation may prevent him from leaving the country though.

I have a full incubator!
View attachment 2025855

And the North East corner of the the first floor is vertical.

View attachment 2025856View attachment 2025858View attachment 2025860

I may not have my wheelchair accessible or level side entry, but we will get there one day. We also seem to be missing the Eastern Windows. Code and the house was designed to be right next to other homes on a city lot :( Whatever... we can always renovate later.
:celebrate:wee:ya:caf:clap
I am more than excited about this. This is the best news! It's been a long time coming.

I have a full incubator!
View attachment 2025855

And the North East corner of the the first floor is vertical.

View attachment 2025856View attachment 2025858View attachment 2025860

I may not have my wheelchair accessible or level side entry, but we will get there one day. We also seem to be missing the Eastern Windows. Code and the house was designed to be right next to other homes on a city lot :( Whatever... we can always renovate later.

This is so exciting for us, I cant imagine how you feel. Soon Kris. it will be done soon.

I’m now thinking the house is going to look very, very big... maybe it’s a bit too large, but there’s not really any going back now.

I’m mostly blaming the crawlspace I didn’t want, and the proximity to the road... it was supposed to be much closer to the field, where it was flatter, but I’m thinking I can probably put a large walk in root cellar under the deck that will now be needed off the south side. Even a 10x10x6 one would significantly reduce the amount of backfill needed there. Quite perturbed about the placement still.

Back
Top Bottom