Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

What didn’t happen yesterday, but did today
(A house update!)

So, I didn’t forget to post a house update yesterday... absolutely nothing happened. FIL didn’t even drive up to the site. Today they made up for it. I now have three walls on the main floor!
:celebrate It’s going very well, except for a few small gaps. But pictures are worth 1000 words so:

C04773E4-0884-4BB6-9BDC-0D7D8C889C4F.jpeg
7CDCCD0F-9E53-4D81-B57C-5863F12F8AFC.jpeg

And our views from the Kitchen, west, then south:
3EEDCE06-CFF6-4FBE-8198-50DA9DDE7690.jpeg
30D23E4C-F46B-4D17-A9F0-9B9A7AF0B6AF.jpeg

Dining Room French doors
ED8EBCC2-DAAC-4153-B60F-29330A3BFF91.jpeg

And Living Room Windows:
8344B2C9-F64C-400B-99D8-F6B2CA8189B6.jpeg

Don’t worry, the piles of junk will be removed, and all the giant dirt piles will be used for backfill. Tomorrow we plan on applying the waterproofing to the foundation (the weather forecast changed or we would’ve done it today) and then I’ll be working on the floors over at my friend’s job site. Andrew might get a start on the perimeter drain.

Yes, it’s going up pretty quickly! I’m pleased with it. And my incubation seems to be going better than usual as well, temperature is holding perfectly this time, humidity at 45%, but I can’t really lower that

It's always nice when incubator's hold steady like they are supposed to. Maybe you will have a good hatch.

I found 2 pullet egg's out there today, so one of the other girl's is laying too!

What didn’t happen yesterday, but did today
(A house update!)

So, I didn’t forget to post a house update yesterday... absolutely nothing happened. FIL didn’t even drive up to the site. Today they made up for it. I now have three walls on the main floor!
:celebrate It’s going very well, except for a few small gaps. But pictures are worth 1000 words so:

View attachment 2028147View attachment 2028139

And our views from the Kitchen, west, then south:
View attachment 2028141View attachment 2028142

Dining Room French doorsView attachment 2028143

And Living Room Windows:
View attachment 2028140

Don’t worry, the piles of junk will be removed, and all the giant dirt piles will be used for backfill. Tomorrow we plan on applying the waterproofing to the foundation (the weather forecast changed or we would’ve done it today) and then I’ll be working on the floors over at my friend’s job site. Andrew might get a start on the perimeter drain.

This is going to be a beautiful house. It will be so worth it when it's done.

Yes, it’s going up pretty quickly! I’m pleased with it. And my incubation seems to be going better than usual as well, temperature is holding perfectly this time, humidity at 45%, but I can’t really lower that

I struggle with that all the time and one option ive used is to put a dehumidifier in the room that the bator is in.

Really glad i got to read all your house and incubator updates!

Im a constant hatcher just going to reiterate that your egg is Definitely alive!

Okay.. now I am all caught up here :celebrate... I’m so afraid of going back to Bob’s and Ribh’s threads:oops:

I can quote and tag you from where i rejoined after a short hiatus and everyone helped fill me in after i missed 300 posts! Mrs Kris even did a recap for me :love :bow Just say the word

Back
Top Bottom