Ladies, Do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

Ladies, do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

• Yes, I do and I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but prefer not to

• No way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'd be willing to learn

• Total voters
Actually I do, my dad taught me.
smile.png

I know how to change it, but with the air ratcheting tool that DH uses, I can't possibly get the nuts off my self to change it by myself. Hence....DH just does it or it goes to a tire shop.
smile.png

Yea I have some problems loosening the lug nuts sometimes but other than that I'm okay with doing it. I just changed two tires on my trailer last weekend so I could go pick up firewood
big_smile.png
Just remember to loosen lugnuts before you jack up the car. Then when you are retightening... again lower the jack to tighten completely .

Yep, I can change a tire, and I've done it; but I prefer not to. So does everyone else, though. I think most hubbies would prefer not to change the tire. I'm not a wimpy girl, but I too have problems with the lug nuts when they have been put on with one of those high powered devices. Do the people who do that ever think that a real person might have to change a tire?

I can jump a car too, but that is pretty much as much as I can do. Anyone who grew up in Alaska and lived in Minnesota needs to know how to jump a car. My first car was grandma's '72 Dodge Dart. It did not like Minnesota winters, and jumper cables were my friend.

Last edited:
Sure can! Parents seperated when I was younger and my mom looked to me as the "man" of the house for most things mechanical or car related. Glad I have AAA now though - getting the lug nuts off of my waist high oversize off-road tires would be the easy part - actually lifting the tire would be a different matter entirely.......

Yes, I can change a tire, I can change the oil, I can change the oil filter, check the battery connections, change a fan belt, seals, gaskets, grease bearings.....I was something of a tomboy growing up and hung out with the farm boys who built and raced muscle cars in their spare time.

mom'sfolly :

I can jump a car too, but that is pretty much as much as I can do. Anyone who grew up in Alaska and lived in Minnesota needs to know how to jump a car. My first car was grandma's '72 Dodge Dart. It did not like Minnesota winters, and jumper cables were my friend.

Now, I do know how to jump a car and I've had to do that a few times before.
big_smile.png

No way. I know how to do it, but I probably couldn't get those lug nuts off. Not to mention having to move all the crap out of the way to get to the spare
gig.gif
I'd be in big trouble.

I know how. But, it is extremely difficult to break loose the lug nuts, so I may not be able to change a flat. Also, it can be tricky to know exactly where to position the jack. Think I better go out and look at my car, so I know where to place the jack, just incase. I've had my current car for two years. In the past I have changed my own oil, spark plugs, filters etc. But now, it is the drive through oil change place.

Back
Top Bottom