Ladies, Do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

Ladies, do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

• Yes, I do and I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but prefer not to

• No way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'd be willing to learn

• Total voters
chickensducks&agoose :

I generally have to hop up and down on the tire iron while holding onto the top of my car...

Gonna have to try this...
can you hop appropriately in stillettos?
lau.gif

yup-change the tire, oil, fluids, spark plugs (yup-gotta gapper on my keyring
wink.png
) drive anything, back up a trailer way faster than the hubby.
Fix toilets and simple elbow leaks, snaked more than one commode
tongue.gif
, milk a cow, fix the belt on the mower... hmmm, cut-haul-stack 10 + cord of wood when I lived up yonder. Ohh taught hubby how to prime the well a few years ago... I swear my Grampa was telling me "how to" from the grave.

I have zero patience for waiting, so I just figure it out and do it myself.

frow.gif

No I don't know how! I have a funny story though....

I pulled out of my in-laws driveway. Made it across the street and realized I had a flat tire. My DH had pulled out right in front of me and didn't notice I wasn't still behind him. I used my cell phone and called my FIL. He says no problem and comes out prepared to help me. He airs the tire up with his portable tank so I can get back to his driveway where he puts the spare on. I thank him and go on my way.

Some time goes by and we are discussing it at a family dinner. When I said he helped me his 26 year old daughter says, hey Dad, you never changed my tire. Then my MIL says do you remember you made me change my own tire?!

I had no idea it wasn't normal for him to change tires for the women in his life! When I was young my Dad did it, the like someone else said, I was married to a mechanic, now my current DH takes care of it for me! I guess maybe he thought I was too girly and might cry, he would have been right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I tried to help my mom use a can of Fix a Flat once. It didn't do jack to air up her tire. I'm not a believer.

I've found that you need: 1) the big can and 2) only buy the ones with the screw on end. (the ones you just hold to the valve stem tend to just leak the air and goop all over)

I seem to only get flats/blown tires in the middle of the night, during a rain storm.
sad.png

As for lugs being too tight with air tools... I took in my old '69 IH stakebed truck to Goodyear to have the duallys replaced. I told them that the truck had both left and right handed lug nuts. Well, a day later, the service tech calls up, all ticked and said "I don't know if we can get all your tires replaced. We can't get the lug nuts off the one side and we've already broken two air wrenches. We're having a bigger air wrench coming in from another shop and if that doesn't do it, we're giving up."
I reminded him that the lugnuts with "L" on them were left-handed. He said "uh, yeah, I know that."

Wouldn't you know, 10 minutes later they call up and said the truck was done.... hmmmmm...

big_smile.png

-Christine

Last edited:
Yup. I can and I have! I also change the oil, spark plugs, air filter AND have dropped a new alternator and starter in my truck also.

I wonder if thats why I`m still single?

Who still owns a vehicle with hub caps? Just curious - mine was a 1966 chevy bel air 4-dr that I sold on some decade plus ago..

Back
Top Bottom