Ladies: Reduction Mammaplasty?

Buff, when my DH was debating with me about the surgery being necessary a couple of years ago I told him to strap on a couple of 5 pound bags of sugar around his neck and walk around with them 24/7 for a month to see how he liked it! I had my big girls since I was 16 (now 46) and I was ready for relief. I'm hoping this will be the catalyst I need to get moving and active to improve my health. Your apology has been accepted by me and I'm sure the other ladies on here, too. Thanks for manning-up!!
woot.gif

Quote:
I apologize Joedie. I never saw it from your point of view.

Accepted Buff! Thanx for being open minded and looking at it from a different perspective!

I had mine done in 1993 when I was in my mid 20's it was the best thing I ever did. I measured at a 44j or something I don't know I couldn't find bras to fit they took 6lbs off my chest. I went down to a C and have been very happy that I did it. My sutures did dehiss and caused some worse scarring but it doesn't bother me now initially it did. As far as trying to breastfeed you can try to after surgery it depends on what type of procedure was done. I didn' produce much but used an at breast supplmenter with I know my son did get some.

Wow it's nice to know that there are a few people on this board in the same part of the "bra alphabet" I am (when you think...man it would be nice to only be a DD!
wink.png
).

I had D and DD in high school and I hated the typeof attention it attracted too. When you are in jr high and guys (and men) think you are college - age because of the way you're built, it is excruciatingly uncomfortable. And frightening.

I've been clear thru the insurance procedure and was denied because I have to be in my 'ideal weight range for my height' and STILL need the surgery, before the insurance will pay (this is how the insurance companies 'deny' breast reductions without calling it a denial).

I have scars under my bra band from deep chafing (since we moved to AZ where it's drier I have less of a problem with that) and back and neck problems just from the weight of them hanging off my shoulders. I hate my breasts.

I remember the negative unwanted attention too.

And the wearing three or more bras at a time. The embarrassment in gym class. The loathing I felt for the ugly things I had to carry around and that encumbered me.

Having a reduction was the BEST BEST thing I ever did. It was worth taking two weeks out of my senior year at highschool and having to catch up. I felt SO much better afterwards.

Having children can cause deflation issues, lol, but hey, I'd rather have that that those...things...I used to have.

I did have some loss of feeling, but its not a big deal too me personally.

Quote:
I have Kaiser Permanente insurance and their criteria was based on body mass index. I think the cut off was 32% body fat and that's computed with your height and weight. They said this is for optimal healing. I was worried all through the holidays that I was gaining weight and wouldn't be able to have the procedure! They are also pretty strict about the patient not being a smoker. They test you for nicotine before the surgery. Not a problelm with me, I've never smoked.
Liz, I know what you mean about the rash under the breasts. Very annoying. That's one of the criteria (along with neck, shoulder, back pain and bra strap indentions) that they looked for in approving the procedure.
Nice to know there are sisters-in-reduction out there! It's a much more prevalent surgery than I had imagined.

I always assumed insurance wouldnt pay for DD's since she really hasn't had any problems, yet. But after reading everyones stories, I might encourage her to find out. She's 21, 5'6" or so and weighs about 130. She's a size 4 right now. Most of her weight is in the girls. I think she looks great but she is very self conscious about them and always hated them in high school. She wore very modest clothes but still got unwanted attention. And in a way, even though shes older, she still gets imbaressed.

Quote:
Sounds like your DD has a figure like I had. I'm 5'5" and weighed 120 until my late 20s and wore size 6. The unwanted attention won't stop for a top heavy lady just because she gets older. There's shallow jerks of all ages. Even white haired perverts. For her sake, I hope she does get the surgery. Every women should be able to dress so they feel pretty without having to worry about being harassed.

in a few years when i have $ saved up and i am 100% not going to need my tatas for nursing anymore babies i am getting mine taken down a few sizes. 36EE is unflattering on 5'2'' frame.

Back
Top Bottom