Lake George NY

colada584

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Gardiner, NY
DH and I are planning to take our camper to lake george in the near future....any suggestions for campgrounds and/or things to do while there?? It has been a lot of years since I was last there!

idunno.gif

My hubby grew up in Saranac Lake and used to go to Lake George. I will ask him if he remembers any fun spots.

Quote:
my home town!!!! SL is only 15 minutes from me but I grew up there:)

lake George is nice havent been there in about 4 years-but I had a great time when I was there:)

We haven't been there in a long time, but DH and I once took a cruise on one of the "river boats" It was nice...we walked around did a lot of "goofy" stuff, like miniature golf, visited the fort, and of course, there is always Great Escape.

Quote:
Thats exactly what I was thinking haha, walk around, mini golf, fort.....I don't know about great escape though...hmm....lol

Spent my grade school years in the Scotia area......learned to waterski on Lake George - - loved going to the Fort with my dad the history fanatic...........played 'trolls' in the moss roots of a tree on an island where we camped..........sry can't help you out as that was nearly 50 years ago.....but thanks for the memories!
smile.png

Quote:
Thats exactly what I was thinking haha, walk around, mini golf, fort.....I don't know about great escape though...hmm....lol

I believe there may be a campground right next to (across the street?) from Great Escape..

We usually head up there every year for the Horse Races in Saratoga that run in August...Now THATS fun to watch (and CHEAP!) Costs you like 5 bucks to get in and you can bring your OWN COOLER full of your own food and adult bevarages and you get to the see the horses VERY Close up as they make there way through the crowd into the track..A wonderful way to spend the day..

As far as Great Escape, If you have kids (esp younger ones) they have an indoor water park that is a lot of fun and the kids will love!..(again if the kids are older like north of 12, they will get bored quickly). Its a waterpark and hotel in the SAME building...pretty cool..(Of course staying at the hotel is not cheap). I know there is an outdoor amusement park across the street but have not been there.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatEscape/index.aspx

This looks nice but I've never been..
http://www.kingphillipscampground.com/files/

there's lots of shopping now. the great escape is fun but bring $$$ and eat before you get there. we went this summer and for a single pizza, soda and fries was over $30!!! good time though

Back
Top Bottom