Lame chicken

Thanks everyone, I ran to the store this morning and grabbed some asprin (81mg) and cut it into quarters. Gave her 1/4 in a piece of cheese and she gobbled it up. I have to work until 6 tonight so likely wont see any effects of it by the time I get home. She didn't come out of the coop this morning, until I gave others food which admittedly was my fault. She seems fully alert, not disoriented or "off" at all, just very lame still. When she stands fer foot clasps almost like she's trying to grip something...except it's flat ground. Not sure if that's because of pain or a nerve thing. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you all again for your help.

Thanks everyone, I ran to the store this morning and grabbed some asprin (81mg) and cut it into quarters. Gave her 1/4 in a piece of cheese and she gobbled it up. I have to work until 6 tonight so likely wont see any effects of it by the time I get home. She didn't come out of the coop this morning, until I gave others food which admittedly was my fault. She seems fully alert, not disoriented or "off" at all, just very lame still. When she stands fer foot clasps almost like she's trying to grip something...except it's flat ground. Not sure if that's because of pain or a nerve thing. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you all again for your help.
I think Ciquala meant to use 1/4 of a regular adult aspirin, which equals 1 baby aspirin or 81 mg low dose aspirin. Did you start vitamins? I really think the riboflavin or B Complex vitamins would be good to try, even more than the aspirin.

300x300px-LS-cec05f52_10988.jpeg
$_35.JPG
801-1025-2.jpg
NM%202734%20L31%20Super%20B%20Complex%205A044_render_150X280.ashx

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom