Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Mike, I've been having a sneaking suspicion I might hear my brown red 'girl' crow any minute. I though she was looking like a he myself. I didn't see it in the splash though. So you think the splash is a boy, too, huh? Hmmm. I have one really beautiful black hen and one mediocre blue hen. She's pretty to me but has kind of a pointy tail. Genetically I don't want her tail in there. Looks like I'm on the lookout for some pretty girls to the pen.

Yah, unfortunately all 3 are cockerels. I'm 100% positive. But, each one of them will help your project in a great way. Having all 3 will hive you a better program as each helps the project in different ways and has nice attributes for their age. I will tell you tis, I'm in "love" with your Brown Red boy. I think he can really help your project. I find the biggest problem in the LB project is the chest but we are improving. Mine have decent chests but need some improvements. Louie I think will help my project though. I have pics to upload in just a minute.

I am not upset on the least that they are boys. I've been eyeballing the brown red thinking I wish 'she' was a boy and thinking 'she' looks like a cockerel. Now to find some more good looking girls for them. I let two very nice black pullets from a bbs breeding go to a new home this summer and kept one pullet and one cockerel for myself. Since I thought at the time I had a br and a splash pullet. Now I have 4 boys and only one girl worth breeding to... and she's black. Its a start as to the birds I want, but not such a good beginning for being able to breed this spring. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for some good hens before spring.

Four Corners Poultry Show
Reserve Champion of Show Youth Show Black hen

and

Champion Asiatic Open Show Black pullet

And Reserve Champion Asiatic Youth Show Black pullet

Last edited:
Hi All! I'm heading to my first poultry show this Saturday, and would like some feedback on my two girls here. They are both 7 months old, one LF partridge cochin and one LF blue cochin. Do they look to be of show quality? I've had cochins for a long time, but never shown any, so any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom