Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Who told you frizzle was a lethal gene? Even if you breed two frizzles together, they still hatch. They have feather issues, but they don't die in shell.

I know they don't die but I was told it was lethal because of the severe birth defects. I saw some pictures of what happens. It's awful. :( I just wouldn't want to take a chance of having that happen. I wouldn't want to have to keep them separate. They are good for people who don't mind a little extra work though and they are very cute. :)

I know they don't die but I was told it was lethal because of the severe birth defects. I saw some pictures of what happens. It's awful. :( I just wouldn't want to take a chance of having that happen. I wouldn't want to have to keep them separate. They are good for people who don't mind a little extra work though and they are very cute. :)

I've never heard of any issues.
If there were that kind of issues a lot of hatcheries probably wouldn't have any

I've never heard of any issues.
If there were that kind of issues a lot of hatcheries probably wouldn't have any

I am 100 percent there are issues breeding two frizzles together. When a chicken gets the frizzle gene from the mother and father it creates an double frizzle gene. When the chick is born it's feathers are brittle and they break and fall out. They also can be bald. Google it.

Last edited:
I am 100 percent there are issues breeding two frizzles together. When a chicken gets the frizzle gene from the mother and father it creates an double frizzle gene. When the chick is born it's feathers are brittle and they break and fall out. They also can be bald. Google it.

I've bred frizzles and frizzles together. Never had anything weird happen...
Maybe it's just a small chance of it happening.

I've bred frizzles and frizzles together. Never had anything weird happen...
Maybe it's just a small chance of it happening.

No its not and it's common knowledge. Breeding tWo frizzles together would be irresponsible breeding. Anyone who chooses to breed animals should put in time to research. We owe it to the animals that have to live with those birth defects.

Ok, Cochin peeps. Please tell me this 12 week old is a girl. I have been a little concerned due to the pinkishness of her face but all her brothers have very distinct comb and wattles.
fl.gif
fl.gif
Please girl.
big_smile.png

Ok, Cochin peeps. Please tell me this 12 week old is a girl. I have been a little concerned due to the pinkishness of her face but all her brothers have very distinct comb and wattles. :fl :fl Please girl. :D
I think girl. I don't have experience with this breed at 12 weeks yet but by that age all my other roosters were very obvious with red combs and wattles. So I say pullet. :)

Back
Top Bottom